Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

First mods done, results inside!

I just bought a 2013 FZS two weeks ago. I've only managed to get about 3.5hrs on it so far, but I did my first mods this weekend. Last weekend the ski ran 66.8mph bone stock. This was with about three hours on it and I'm about 290lbs. This week I did the Tommy Jordan exhaust mods, made my own intake setup, and installed a Vx ride plate and R and D intake grate. Took her out last night and managed 70.1mph and acceleration seemed to be better as well, but that could be my imagination. In all i was very happy with these mods.

The handling of the ski was very good, I couldn't even notice a difference really. Maybe it's due to my weight. My testing conditions were also not ideal, there was a bit of a chop.

Anyways, I'm planning my next mods. Thoughts in what should come first? I was thinking intercooler or tuning next. I kind of want to be able to tune it myself. What's everyone's opinion on the Athena? If not I'll probably go R3.

Adam

Have you done the intake manifold mod? The insert which takes away the ribbon.

Is your vx plate modded? If not is it really bad on the chops?

ribbon delete and a repitch is worth another mph.about your weight play with the trim and rider position to find what gives you the best speed.at this point best bang for your buck is jims mod on the vx plate,intercooler,r3,and pitched solas prop 76+ easy

+1
    Will order the ribbon delete this week, forgot about that easy guy. Ride plate is bone stock and handled great for me but I only rode about half an hour and I'm heavy.

+1
    with the addition of the ribbon delete you will need to repitch the oem prop up 1.5 degrees on the trailing edge to stay off the revlimiter, Tommy Jordan

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    with the addition of the ribbon delete you will need to repitch the oem prop up 1.5 degrees on the trailing edge to stay off the revlimiter, Tommy Jordan
    This involves pulling the prop off right? Wouldn't it be better to just replace it with something better at this point to avoid swapping again later on?

+1
    All great information, thanks guys!

How much more "grunt" and acceleration can I expect after the intercooler and R3? That's almost more fun than all out speed, but I like that too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    This involves pulling the prop off right? Wouldn't it be better to just replace it with something better at this point to avoid swapping again later on?
    Thats just for the mods that he is doing now, latter on if the process it will require a different prop with a reflash and a supercharger up grade. Repitching the oem prop now saves $$$$$$ and a after market prop with the limited mods he has now will not match up to this setup and that pitch can be used in the future. Tommy Jordan

10. +1 by:

+1
    Who should I see about a repitch? I may buy another stock prop and send it out so I'm not down. Short riding season here!

if you plan on further modifying pitching the stock prop is a waste of money because soon your going to need a performance prop.do it right the first time and get a skat or solas prop from the get.the solas if you want the absolute best speed with a slight tradeoff on hookup and the skat if your ok with slightly less speed but better hookup.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information