RXP 215 Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor Replacement Procedure?

I have a 2005 RXP 215 with 98 hours on it and had a recent SC rebuild 100hr service performed. 3 hrs later, Now I am getting an intermittent Oil "limp mode" light. It only beeps once, like for a second. Blurp the throttle and it goes away. Maybe once every 30 minutes or riding. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything, just annoying. No Codes after light. So I have already replaced the sensor at the oil fill neck on the front side of the ski, this did not fix the problem. I have a new oil pressure switch that goes under the intake somewhere. #420856538. Was looking for some guidance on the best and easiest way to replace this switch that is under the intake. Looks like 7 bolts to remove the intake. I wanted to give this switch a try before looking at the oil pressure regulator. process of elimination. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

+1
    You can replace the switch with the manifold still in place, just need a deep socket and an extension. You can see the switch below the rear of the inlet manifold if you shine a light down there. Doesn't sound like a problem with the switch to be honest, sounds like an oil pressure issue.

+1
    Sometimes changing the oil helps. We had a guy used regular oil and the buzzer started going off he went back to seadoo oil and the problem went away. Sounds hard to believe. Would definitely change the pressure switch before going to the rear cover.

+1
    IMO it's easier to remove the intake manifold when changing that pressure switch.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Maybe its easier in a gtx, more room? Took me the whole of 5 min to do mine, not at all difficult and surely not worth taking the inlet off again.

+1
    you probably already checked but make sure oil is at correct level and I would pull the filter just to make sure its not damaged/clogged, strange you have no codes must be to quick to capture maybe.
    Try pulling all your fuses and cluster connections to make sure they are seated properly and not corroded. Seems to be my standard line lately.....

Do you have to drain the oil before replacing the sensor? Will oil pour out when you remove the sensor if you don't?

Thread Information