Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cant get my 300 past 71 mph.

Sup guys, I'm looking for some advice as to how i can gain more top speed. So far i have a few bolt on parts on the ski and im only squeezing 71.6 mph on glass with a garmin gps. I know its really hard to achieve top speed on these things so what things can i do to make it faster. Last year i did the exhaust and air filter. I added a ride plate, intake grate, a 15/22 impeller and the scrom unit this season and still cant get past 71. I was wondering if i could get the ecu re flashed and hope to take it from there.

+1
    ok what exhaust are you talking of? what air filter? what ride plate? what intake grate? ditch the 15/22 and go the solas 14/21, stock plate and grate and as much air in and out of the hull as possible, block the bov, this should have you at at min. 74mph.

who and why did you go the 15/22?

+1
    I'd also give the IC a good clean.

Banned User
    +1
    15/22 is way to tall.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    ok what exhaust are you talking of? what air filter? what ride plate? what intake grate? ditch the 15/22 and go the solas 14/21, stock plate and grate and as much air in and out of the hull as possible, block the bov, this should have you at at min. 74mph.

who and why did you go the 15/22?
    I got the riva exhaust with the water box, i have the k&n air filter on there. Ride plate is r&d and so is the grate. I have the bov block off kit already installed. Im fairly new to the jet ski world and didnt know too much about the impellers on these things so the few people i asked told me to go with the 15/22. When i went online to order the parts there was not much of a description on what gains you get with the diff pitches so i took the gamble with the 15/22.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy71 View Post
    I'd also give the IC a good clean.
    the ic got cleaned last year when it was out while the exhaust was installed.

+1
    isn't the riva exhaust outlet pipe smaller diameter than the 300? my answer still stays the same you have actually made your ski slower with all those extras

+1
    Have you noticed what rpm's your peeking out at with the 15/22?
    When I had mine running with the 15/22 which was really a 14.7/23.8 (got to love solas) my rpm's were 7500-7600 and touching 73.4mph. But like Corey said get as much air in the hull as possible.

Ps depending on how often you ride and how often you fog your SC, that IC might have a lot of gunk built up from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    isn't the riva exhaust outlet pipe smaller diameter than the 300? my answer still stays the same you have actually made your ski slower with all those extras
    After the exhaust, filter, and bov block off i noticed a pretty decent difference in all around throttle response. Ski def got up to speed faster with less lag (not that it had any lag to begin with) you can really notice the power in the top end nothing huge but def noticeable. I didnt have the gps last year that was this years toy but i doubt i was going anything over 67 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy71 View Post
    Have you noticed what rpm's your peeking out at with the 15/22?
    When I had mine running with the 15/22 which was really a 14.7/23.8 (got to love solas) my rpm's were 7500-7600 and touching 73.4mph. But like Corey said get as much air in the hull as possible.

Ps depending on how often you ride and how often you fog your SC, that IC might have a lot of gunk built up from last year.
    I have not actually got an exact where my rpm's are at, they are usually around 7500. My boost seems a little low it doesnt want to go past 14psi. Thats about what it was at last year without the scom unit. What suggestions do you have as far as getting more air into the hull? I ride 2-4 times a week so i put some time on her and it gets fogged after every ride. Im one of those by the book guys so i always do my best as far as standard maintenance goes. She just cracked 70 hrs. I remember last year when i had the ic out it looked brand new. Just a slight looked like grease fling on some of the coils, but nothing crazy like some of the pics i seen on here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information