Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

CMD Marine Support running high boost

Just talked with andy for a good while on the phone and decided to start a thread for the cmd for guys running high boost. A few questions I have right now are:

What is the limit on the stock map sensors?
    What happens if you go past it?
    How will it affect tuning?

I'm running a les cooke 9200 80# injector reflash and plan on turning 9k with an et 68-140 should be close 18 psi.

How is everyone setting up the CMD that is running HIGH BOOST?
    Last edited by jhill19; 06-17-2013 at 02:28 PM.

+1
    Voltage Clamp or another ECU set up will get rid of the stock ECU freaking out.

i started to notice problems when i slapped the x-charger and et-137 on. With 50s i ran out of duty cycle around 76-7800 RPMs but my ski still ran pretty solid all the way up to 8200. I decided to throw some 60s in and thats when i started getting the BS lowered 7800 limiter and funky bogging dilema. I was seeing 97% DC at 7800 so i went ahead and ordered some 80s. Duty cycle was way down (76%) but i was still getting the damn 7800 limiter and bog deal. Checked everything reset my ECU, updated it with candoo.....still had the problem. i went ahead and ordered a voltage clamp but in the process found a sweet deal on a Riva ECU so i went ahead and grabbed it. never had a chance to throw the Voltage clamp on but the Riva ECU definitely fixed it and now that crap is a blip in my rear-view. Boat runs amazing now. Im gonna save the voltage clamp for if i ever go turbo and run retard boost or somethin.

the CMD is never really the problem i just found that the ECU was freaking out and causing it to do some weird stuff. i dont think the boost is limited to the MAP sensor but rather whatever the highest boost was with the current ECU on the ski. Almost like an over-boost situation in a car where the ECU pulls timing/draws power so you dont mess anything up. It was as if my ski was in a type of Limp Mode. The problem with the ski reminds me of one i had just like it in a car where i used a greddy fuel cut defender to clamp the voltage and fix the situation or another option wouldve been to re-flash my ECU/run a different one (which i did later on).

I use one of Andys Zero base maps with his target AFRs. Only thing i did different was change my high boost AFRs from low 12s to like 11.9.

+1
    Yeah I downloaded Andy's base map. I'll have to add more tables for more boost I guess.

+1
    What's the best way to calibrate the map sensor readings to make sure I'm getting correct boost?

+1
    go into your settings and make sure you have the right inputs for voltage/pressure. i have it posted up on one of the more recent pages in the CMD sticky.

but you would have to be using one of my maps or Andy's for it to be spot on i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    go into your settings and make sure you have the right inputs for voltage/pressure. i have it posted up on one of the more recent pages in the CMD sticky.

but you would have to be using one of my maps or Andy's for it to be spot on i think.
    can you post the afr chart you are using.

i started to notice problems when i slapped the x-charger and et-137 on. With 50s i ran out of duty cycle around 76-7800 RPMs but my ski still ran pretty solid all the way up to 8200. I decided to throw some 60s in and thats when i started getting the BS lowered 7800 limiter and funky bogging dilema. I was seeing 97% DC at 7800 so i went ahead and ordered some 80s. Duty cycle was way down (76%) but i was still getting the damn 7800 limiter and bog deal. Checked everything reset my ECU, updated it with candoo.....still had the problem. i went ahead and ordered a voltage clamp but in the process found a sweet deal on a Riva ECU so i went ahead and grabbed it. never had a chance to throw the Voltage clamp on but the Riva ECU definitely fixed it and now that crap is a blip in my rear-view. Boat runs amazing now. Im gonna save the voltage clamp for if i ever go turbo and run retard boost or somethin.

the CMD is never really the problem i just found that the ECU was freaking out and causing it to do some weird stuff. i dont think the boost is limited to the MAP sensor but rather whatever the highest boost was with the current ECU on the ski. Almost like an over-boost situation in a car where the ECU pulls timing/draws power so you dont mess anything up. It was as if my ski was in a type of Limp Mode. The problem with the ski reminds me of one i had just like it in a car where i used a greddy fuel cut defender to clamp the voltage and fix the situation or another option wouldve been to re-flash my ECU/run a different one (which i did later on).

I use one of Andys Zero base maps with his target AFRs. Only thing i did different was change my high boost AFRs from low 12s to like 11.9.
    i got a quick question buddy, are you running the cmd alone? or do you also have vtech maptunner? is it possible than once cmd fixes the cells we can transfer the table over to the ecu and get her on the same page that way cmd will work of the same map it help create.

ps: when you went from 50s to 60s did you re flash the ecu or to reflect the new injectors?

+1
    ok sorry for the late response.....

i can email you my zero base map if youd like it has the target AFRs. if you have Andys map its basically the same but i adjusted the top end AFRs to 11.9 instead of 12.2.

im running just a cmd no vtech....i have recently added a Riva ECU (8650). And as far as the different injectors go i never reflashed i rely on the CMD to make the fuel adjustments. Im pretty sure that if anything was to go wrong with the CMD or if it was not working correctly it still runs of the last known fuel settings....i think so not entirely sure but i swear ive heard that before. I dont think the CMD transfers anything over to the ECU or is able to i think it just controls the injectors. The ECU basically still thinks its doing its own thing. Like in the data logging you can see the ECU duty cycle or the CMD duty cycle....they are usually different unless your running the injectors your ECU was originally mapped for then they are close.

i hoped i answered your questions if i didnt just lemme know what i missed and ill try again!

P.S. my ski is still acting funky lol i thought the ECU would fix it but apparently im having more than just 100% duty cycle problems that everyone else is having. im gonna try a different map sensor tomorow (maybe mine got messed up when i sunk it????)

-Troy

+1
    100% duty cycle problems still with 80s? oh ya something isn't right lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information