Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Riva or R and D

  1. #1

    Riva or R and D

    Wondering who has some real experiences with this stuff

    Riva speed control module or R and D boost box?
    RIva free flow exhaust or R and D free flow exhaust?


  2. #2
    ATNryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    695
    +1
    75
    1) Pretty much the same thing, to be honest, both are completely worthless. They only remove the GPS limiter, but the torque and RPM limiters are still in place. Better off spending the money and getting a real tune or ECU (Vtech, Athena, R&D Reflash, Motec, etc.)

    2) A free flow is a free flow, neither gives any performance increase. Helps relieve a little pressure on the motor because the exhaust escapes easier. I just can't ever stand the loud drone they make at lower RPM's.

  3. #3
    CJ's gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    685
    +1
    34
    free flow doesn't matter which way you go, some people even make their own pipe. really its just a long tube out to the back of the ski deleting the waterbox

  4. #4
    ATNryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    695
    +1
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    free flow doesn't matter which way you go, some people even make their own pipe. really its just a long tube out to the back of the ski deleting the waterbox
    He means resonator, not waterbox, and it exits in the stock location, the pump tunnel, which is why you get the drone.

  5. #5
    CJ's gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    685
    +1
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    free flow doesn't matter which way you go, some people even make their own pipe. really its just a long tube out to the back of the ski deleting the waterbox
    He means resonator, not waterbox, and it exits in the stock location, the pump tunnel, which is why you get the drone.
    ahh my bad not waterbox! been spending to much time away from the skis, forget a few things

  6. #6
    ATNryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    695
    +1
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    free flow doesn't matter which way you go, some people even make their own pipe. really its just a long tube out to the back of the ski deleting the waterbox
    He means resonator, not waterbox, and it exits in the stock location, the pump tunnel, which is why you get the drone.
    ahh my bad not waterbox! been spending to much time away from the skis, forget a few things
    Happens to all of us... you should see some of the crap I type out only to realize I was completely wrong 30 seconds later!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD GPR Rideplate- Riva or R and D
    By Pyro in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 06:26 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 07:17 AM
  3. WTB: Riva (or similar) Rear Exhaust Tip and 2 Couplers
    By thompsdw in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 02:50 PM
  4. seadoo rxp o5 riva or rotax racing ecu and 50lb injectors
    By pwc guru in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:58 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •