Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

info on the Dragon's Cup race at the Lake of the Ozarks

This is going to be a huge event expect thousands if not tens ofthousands of spectators! it is R9 IJSBA race that is going to be held at coconuts a lake front restaurant at the Lake of theOzarks on aug 3-4. The local support for this race is huge. The radio stations,magazines, pwc dealers, marinas and just about everyone else stepping up tohelp. The Lake of the Ozarks is our home lake that is a huge lake with moreshoreline than the state of california. Most of that shoreline is covered withhighend vacation homes, condos and restaurants. The lake is also home the thelargest jet ski dealer in the US and the second largest waverunner dealer. Thelake is a hotboat mecca and 1500+ hp offshore boats fill the docks at therestauants every weekend in the summer. Needless to say races at this lake drawhuge crowds with some reportedly drawing over 100,000 people.

We got some major sponsors for the Dragon'sCup and will have billboard ads on the routes to the lake and radio ads runningon KC, St. Louis and the lake soon.

we received permission to make a huge area of the lake around the race NO WAKEand will have two water patrol boats and ten volunteer boats doing trafficcontrol around the race area.

!!!!!!!if you are planning on bringing a camper, RV or large race trailer besure you know where you are going because a lot of the roads around this lakeare narrow and windy. if you make a wrong turn you make get stuck somewhere. ifyou are unfamiliar with the area contact me and I will meet you somewhere andguide you to the race location. Also if you are bringing something really biglike a RV with a race trailer please contact me so we can make room for you andhelp you get to the site!!!!!!!!

To reserve a camping spot or one of the houses at the race location contactthese folks

http://www.premiervacationsatlakeoftheozarks.com/

if you need a place to stay you should book soon cuz these places will probablyfill up.

the Lake House Inn Laurie, MO 573-374-7322
    Waters Edge Motel Gravois Mills, MO 573-372-2201
    Western Hills Motel Versailles, MO 573-378-4663
    Baits Motel Gravois Mills, MO 573-286-2525
    Drop Anchor Gravois Mills, MO 573-372-6620

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by screaming440 View Post
    This is going to be a huge event expect thousands if not tens ofthousands of spectators! it is R9 IJSBA race that is going to be held at coconuts a lake front restaurant at the Lake of theOzarks on aug 3-4. The local support for this race is huge. The radio stations,magazines, pwc dealers, marinas and just about everyone else stepping up tohelp. The Lake of the Ozarks is our home lake that is a huge lake with moreshoreline than the state of california. Most of that shoreline is covered withhighend vacation homes, condos and restaurants. The lake is also home the thelargest jet ski dealer in the US and the second largest waverunner dealer. Thelake is a hotboat mecca and 1500+ hp offshore boats fill the docks at therestauants every weekend in the summer. Needless to say races at this lake drawhuge crowds with some reportedly drawing over 100,000 people.

We got some major sponsors for the Dragon'sCup and will have billboard ads on the routes to the lake and radio ads runningon KC, St. Louis and the lake soon.

we received permission to make a huge area of the lake around the race NO WAKEand will have two water patrol boats and ten volunteer boats doing trafficcontrol around the race area.

!!!!!!!if you are planning on bringing a camper, RV or large race trailer besure you know where you are going because a lot of the roads around this lakeare narrow and windy. if you make a wrong turn you make get stuck somewhere. ifyou are unfamiliar with the area contact me and I will meet you somewhere andguide you to the race location. Also if you are bringing something really biglike a RV with a race trailer please contact me so we can make room for you andhelp you get to the site!!!!!!!!

To reserve a camping spot or one of the houses at the race location contactthese folks

http://www.premiervacationsatlakeoftheozarks.com/

if you need a place to stay you should book soon cuz these places will probablyfill up.

the Lake House Inn Laurie, MO 573-374-7322
    Waters Edge Motel Gravois Mills, MO 573-372-2201
    Western Hills Motel Versailles, MO 573-378-4663
    Baits Motel Gravois Mills, MO 573-286-2525
    Drop Anchor Gravois Mills, MO 573-372-6620
    what type of race is it? Drags? Closed course? solam? where do you reg? when does it start? what days?

+1
    Hello Dan, good to see you may have an interest in coming down to the Lake, for Dragon's Cup. It is a region 9, IJSBA race event. There will be CC, no drags. I just got a call from Richard, @ WFO, he is bringing a mod FZS to run. He told me he has known you for some time. I also have been informed that although this is the last race weekend for region 9, that if the race does well in terms of turnout & fan interest then, Possible national tour may be held there in 2014. I hope to see you there. Will you be bringing any of your special JD1 style skis ?

+1
    Sorry, I forgot to let you know .. the race event is on Aug 3 & 4 @ Coconuts resort in Gravois Mills. You may be able to pre-register by going to "Nautiwaterracing.com" For all the Region 9 race events thus far, they have been having registration on the Friday evening before & morning of. Hope this helps Good Luck

+1
    Just for the record... Im coming up and bringing boats, but not racing.

Im too old and beat up to be out there pounding away with them youngsters.

Cooper is talking about racing his stand-up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello Dan, good to see you may have an interest in coming down to the Lake, for Dragon's Cup. It is a region 9, IJSBA race event. There will be CC, no drags. I just got a call from Richard, @ WFO, he is bringing a mod FZS to run. He told me he has known you for some time. I also have been informed that although this is the last race weekend for region 9, that if the race does well in terms of turnout & fan interest then, Possible national tour may be held there in 2014. I hope to see you there. Will you be bringing any of your special JD1 style skis ?
    g

thanks for the good info! The turnout should be great. I would have to agree with Rich on being there but not participating unless something changes. Awesome your comin up Rich!!! People keep asking me what type of race it will be and never knew what to tell them, now I know. There's nothing really special about the ski's, just bolt on weekend riders.

Hope to see ALL the Gravois Arm riders out there...

+1
    to the top...this weekend! Who's coming? Me and my best friend will be there on Kawi Ultras in pro open and stock. I know there are some pros from KS coming too. Should be run and lets hope its rough

Sounds like a good time. I just picked up an 04 RXP with a few mods from a local forum member. I will down there on the 2nd and staying through the 8th up on the Big Niangua arm. Coconuts would be a haul for me but would be interesting to see what the event is like and just spectate. If anyone is riding up from somewhere close to me let me know.

+1
    Hello Longer02, I live down on the Niangua, near the Hi Way 5 bridge. I plan to hull my skis up to Gravois Mills. Its about 25 road trip for me ... you should enter ... I am sure you would have fun. If you come I am Blue Yamaha # 212 .... the only GPR there most likely. Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello Longer02, I live down on the Niangua, near the Hi Way 5 bridge. I plan to hull my skis up to Gravois Mills. Its about 25 road trip for me ... you should enter ... I am sure you would have fun. If you come I am Blue Yamaha # 212 .... the only GPR there most likely. Ha Ha
    I am sure it would be a blast. I figured I would be better off watching for the first time though, ha. Maybe we can meet up sometime during the week though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information