Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2002 polaris virage tx

Hello all again. Well I am working on a polaris virage tx 2002. I have no spark. I did the bilge test and had spark. So i ordered a lr 505 module and installed it, and still have the same problem. If i have everything hooked up like its suppose to be the circuit breaker blows. If i unplug the stator then everything is fine. I ohmed the stator and everything checks out according to the specs. So I tried the Lr 505 by pass by unhooking the wires and hooking the black white from the ski side to the black. This also did not blow the circuit breaker but have no spark. The funny thing is that i hear a buzzing sound coming from the stator when i hook my battery charger up. If I unplug the stator the buzzing stops. Is this normal? I'm looking for any help that will lead me in the right direction, and not ordering a bunch of parts. Thank you.

Banned User
    +1
    What kind of battery charger are you connecting? The electronics in these do not like the amount of power a battery charger puts out. Unless you are just using a maintainer, its best to disconnect the battery when connecting a charger.

+1
    The smallest charger that I own is 12volt 10 amp. Left on for about 5 mins. I ordered a two amp maintainer today. So I did more testing. And unhooked the red purple wire to the lr 505 module, left stator hooked up and the engines turns over but no spark. Now with the bilge switch pushed in it blows the circuit breaker. I also unhooked the bilge pump itself, thinking it was shorted but not the case. I'm starting to think my stator is bad.

Banned User
    +1
    You have a short somewhere. Use your ohm meter and check every wire connection to ground. That should tell you where it is, and allow you to trace it back.

+1
    Ok so i checked all wires today found nothing shorted to ground. And also retested stator all readings are within spec. I'm at a loss. I've checked everything i can possibly think of. All grounds i took off and cleaned and reinstalled. Is there something I should do next?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KRR View Post
    ... So I did more testing. And unhooked the red purple wire to the lr 505 module, left stator hooked up and the engines turns over but no spark.

Now with the bilge switch pushed in it blows the circuit breaker.

I also unhooked the bilge pump itself, thinking it was shorted but not the case.

I'm starting to think my stator is bad.
    Something is shorted to ground, and that something is connected to the Orange wires. The Bilge button simply links the Orange wire to the Red/Purple power feed from the battery.

What is connected to Orange? Follow each to determine which is blowing the circuit breaker when Blige button is pressed.

+1
    Hello again guys. Well today i tested all wires again and came up with nothing on the orange wires. But I unplug the stator and tested all wires going into the stator and found the purple wire and the red purple wire are reading to ground. I'm assuming that the red purple wire should not read to ground being that power is supplied to that wire. Do you think 'm on the right track? Thinking about pulling the stator and taking a closer look.

+1
    ... found the purple wire and the red purple wire are reading to ground. I'm assuming that the red purple wire should not read to ground being that power is supplied to that wire. Do you think 'm on the right track? Thinking about pulling the stator and taking a closer look.
    Red/Purple stator wire should have no connection to engine ground. The Yellow stator wire must be disconnected too, of course.

Sounds like the stator is bad or the wiring to the stator is shorted somewhere.

+1
    OK I pulled the stator and found that the yellow wire has a nick in it, were the wire holder is. When you say the yellow should be
    Disconnected, do you mean not read to ground? So I ohm the stator after I got it out seems to read fine going to fix the wires up in the
    Morning and try go reinstall it see what happens. Its funny how it ohm out well when it was installed even though the yellow wire looked like it was shorted.

+1
    OK I pulled the stator and found that the yellow wire has a nick in it, were the wire holder is. When you say the yellow should be
    Disconnected, do you mean not read to ground? So I ohm the stator after I got it out seems to read fine going to fix the wires up in the
    Morning and try go reinstall it see what happens. Its funny how it ohm out well when it was installed even though the yellow wire looked like it was shorted.
    Disconnected as in Yellow wire not plugged into anything else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information