+1

2000 GP1200R Looks like a bite taken out of Strator w/ pic

Hello, what can I expect performance wise with a chunk taken out of my GPR1200's Strator? I tried to box it in on the pic. I have not had time to get this ski in the water since acquiring it late last season but thought I'd ping you all so I'd know what to expect. thanks in advance...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2000YamyGPR1200StratorDamage.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	303980

+1
    I couldn't zoom in on the pic. but usually when you have a chunk missing on your stator you usually have some kind of prop damage. its always good to pull the pump assembly and check everything when you find damage like that. Just something to remember there are a few things that cause damage like that. 1 and the worst thing in my book is running it up on the bank wile it is still running and the other is starting it and taking off from the bank. THE BEST WAY TO SUCK A ROCK UP IN YOUR PUMP. If you are not in knee deep water don't start it. As far as performance if you are getting every MPH out of it then your going to notice it.

Like a chimp with a ball-peen hammer smackwave's Avatar
    +1
    Cavitation caused that, I used to see it on every GPR with a stock prop. If I remember correctly switching to a Solas 13/19 was one way to avoid this, but truth be told there's negligible impact on performance or reliability from that damage.

+1
    thanks all for the responses. Doesn't sound like I need to address this immediately. Not a safety issue. I'd like to get ski in the water and make it through the break-in period before I put more money into them. I do have to admit though it is hard not to go out and buy every perf mod available for these GPR's. I guess that's the go fast kid in this geriatric body trying to get out... It helps to have that nagging voice in the back ground... called a wife to keep ones budget on track...

Thread Information