Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Torn between the 3

My buddy rode my VXR and decided its time to buy his own. He is torn between a few boats Kawi 300x, seadoo rxt-x260, FZR, or FX SHO he likes to carve turns, go fast, be able to pull wakeboard, boarding step is a must and he wants trim control and cruise control. Can anyone give advice to help him make a good decision? It's not like you can go test drive them thanks for any feedback.

+1
    the FZR or FX SHO, the FX does have cruise, the fz doesnt. it will also handle very well and be trouble free for years to come

I have a RXTX 260 (2010) and would probably go with the FZR or SHO. I'd just really like to have cruise control. However, I'm sure whatever he goes with he won't regret.

+1
    The biggest factor for me would be the engine in the craft and the foundation it could provide. All of those listed would do more than he's asking for but I'll take the SHO engine any day of the week over the others and I don't think that has anything to do with me favoring a Yamaha craft because I do so for that engine, not for the name. It all depends on what you're looking for in a craft. If I were out in the ocean or in a larger lake I'd prefer the 300X for it's ride and those Sea Doo's are pretty fun to play around on but the ceiling of the SHO engine is pretty high and that to me is something to consider.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    Can anyone give advice to help him make a good decision? It's not like you can go test drive them thanks for any feedback.
    Test riding them is not impossible. Some dealers have demo skis set up for this purpose, and many times you can find private owners who will be happy to let you test ride a ski they have for sale. I have test rode every ski we owned before we bought them.

+1
    Yea maybe in Florida where jet skiing is an all year thing but here in Texas it kinda is impossible and he is looking into buying brand new from dealer and I'm sure the demo ones are on limp mode and can't get the full effect anyway

+1
    He may like the RXT-X and add the ski module to it. It will go fast and carve very well. Great looks all the way around with a lot of features. The simple reverse/brake function is a great feature for any rookie on a ski. Makes maneuvering around very easily and adds a lot confidence to the rider when docking, around boats, people, etc.. Think there still giving away 3 year warranties on them. Overall the newer Seadoo's have been quite solid.

FX SHO is a nice ski but I don't feel there quite as nimble as the RXT. Styling is solid. Good base engine if he is looking to add mods. For most everyday riding I think he'd enjoy the FZS(ski tow) over the FX SHO. He'd just not have the cruise feature.

300X he might find the best deal on. Quite a few dealers still have 12's sitting around. Older styling that is hit or miss with people. Make sure you or him educate himself on maintenance of the 300x. Also you must run 91 octane which depending on where you run could be a regular issue you run into.

+1
    Yea maybe in Florida where jet skiing is an all year thing but here in Texas it kinda is impossible and he is looking into buying brand new from dealer and I'm sure the demo ones are on limp mode and can't get the full effect anyway
    Our dealers in San Antonio have demo days all the time where you can test out different models!

9. +1 by:

+1
    Really, so people in Texas find it 'impossible' to test ride a $10,000-$15,000 machine before buying one? Do you find it equally impossible to test ride cars and trucks, or just skis? Maybe you need to learn how to speak to a sales person and get what you want.

+1
    ya here in WA its hard to get test rides. Actually none of the three Yamaha dealers by me do test rides. check out here for demo rides http://www.yamahaonthewater.com/dealers.php

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information