Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

kawasaki ultra 130 di

Hi All,
    First time ski owner here. Have recently brought a 2nd hand Ultra 130 Di off reputable ski mechanic, on the pretext that it should be as fast as my mates ultra 150. After a crappy test run(it had been sitting for a long while) it seem to come to life, by putting a tank of premium fuel though it. It has good compression, and very tight shims through the prop. it still seems to be about 5km slower than my mates boat, any suggestions of how to boom it out more ? and is there anything i need to watch out for? the digital dash is unpluged because it keeps showing the oil warning but i was aware of that when i brought it & the machanic said its definitely the dash ,anyone have any ideas how to bypass it so i can run my dash and also not have it cut the cylinders out.
    Cheers JAY

+1
    Welcome aboard, Kingfish!

Don't know how you'd get the idea that it would be as fast as the Ultra 150.

I'd test the sensor in the oil tank. Also, check the condition of the connector. That is a lot cheaper then the display.

Banned User
    +1
    The DI motors are not as strong as their carbed counterparts. However, you will love the fuel consumption compared to the 150

+1
    Thanks for the sensor tip Steve , will definitely check that out! It sounds like i should be pretty pleased @ running just behind the ultra 150. Being 5 km slower isnt really bad thing anyways they all jump over waves the same! and very true BryanP already saving fuel $$s compared to the 150!

+1
    I have a 2002 Ultra 130 DI as well. I love it... what color is yours? Post a picture... anyways the Ski is great and very reliable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialga View Post
    I have a 2002 Ultra 130 DI as well. I love it... what color is yours? Post a picture... anyways the Ski is great and very reliable.

Some pics

+1
    The DI is just a 1100 CC engine (siameesed cylinders) single block engine. Not the 1200 CC seperate cylinder engine in the the 150.

It's going to run about 5mph slower than a 150 as Steve said.

There are next to none aftermarket parts for the engine, you can get a ride plate, sponsons and grate that may get you a little more speed, but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    The DI is just a 1100 CC engine (siameesed cylinders) single block engine. Not the 1200 CC seperate cylinder engine in the the 150.

It's going to run about 5mph slower than a 150 as Steve said.

There are next to none aftermarket parts for the engine, you can get a ride plate, sponsons and grate that may get you a little more speed, but not much.

Not a very fun ski sorry to say...
    I had one years ago. Not nearly as fast as an ultra 150 was.. not even close. More like a zxi1100. Also not very comfortable in the chop. It didnt accelerate especially well, handle well, and was a poor wave jumper.

The ski is also known for having huge reliability issues in the electrical department- particularly the ECU. Very very problematic on those boats, very costly to replace, and impossible to find used. I hope you have good luck with it.

Ours had approx 40hrs on it when it started acting up. Just shut off at random and did it all the time. I suspected that the computer was failing and I got rid of the ski asap.

Like the poster above said- you can do a prop and grate on it. Thats about it. Nothing that is going to yield significant gains on it.

+1
    I gotta say it gets a bit if a bad wrap comparing it to the 150 , but so far I'm saving dollars in fuel , riding along side a bombed out 150 in chop & jumping some massive waves out off Amity point ! I'm happy : )

+1
    Oh and I towed the 150 back after he ran out of fuel !!!!

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information