Mid 90's cooling hose routing question

i am in the process of rebuilding 3 skis a 93 sl750 94 sl650 and a 95 sl750 they all seem to have different routing of cooling hoses the 93 has hoses coming from bottom of crank case the other two those holes are blocked off also the hoses on the exhaust are coming out of different areas on them i am confused on what i should do is there a resource about how to set up the best cooling setup
    thanks

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Polaris did experiment and revise the Fuji engine water cooling flow during the early production years.

I think it was just 1992-1993 that had the crank case water cooling, after 1993 the crank case does NOT have water cooling.

Someone on here will know if there were revisions or updates to how the water cooling should be routed on the old Fuji engines.

`bump revisiting this thread because my '94 sl650 never ran correct last summer and am taking this time to pull motor and tear down/rebuild, as per above I rebuilt 3 skis with different cooling routings. the others ran fine the 94 however kept filling the crank/cylinders with water attempts to repair were remove top head gaskets and put a copper brush on sealer on both sides of the gasket and reinstall witch did not fix the issue any input would be appreciated.

Banned User
    +1
    Your cylinders may not be aligned. The exhaust manifold has to be bolted on to align the cylinders before you tighten down the cylinder base nuts.

+1
    There are only 3 locations for water to enter the crank / cylinder. Cylinder base gaskets, Head gaskets, and Exhaust gaskets. All must be in good condition. If copper gasket spray isn't working on the head gaskets, you will need to replace them. However, If water was getting past the head gaskets, I don't see it filling the crankcase, as it would likely be burned off / blown out the exhaust. While misaligned jugs will cause a leaking condition, I would think the same condition as a head gasket leak would apply. If the base gaskets are not in good condition, I could see water leaking into the crank area, but only if the cylinders are from 92 or 93 motors. The later ones do not have openings that allow water down into the crank area.....

Are you saying the cylinders and crank fill up with water while running on the lake? How do you know when they are filling up?? Performance issues?
    Last edited by BlueFishCrisis; 03-11-2014 at 07:11 AM.

here is the rest of the story as they say, I rebuilt the motor after a piston had gone lean found and fixed problem ie bad reed valve. reinstalled motor and hooked up to a flush kit to run it in the yard. the motor ran fine for 20 mins so I shut it down. thought I was done however I forgot to shut off water so motor was filled up water was pouring out of carbs. went through the submerged engine process asap cleaned carbs rolled hull over and cranked water out. hooked up again to hose and ran it for 45 mins thought I had saved myself so I put it all away, week later decided to go for first ride of the year half way across lake it started running bad and finally died pulled the plugs right there on the lake and cranked it over and water came blowing out of mag and center cyl. have repeted cleaning out motor and running same problem, tried copper on gaskets still same issue

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    You running a fuel/water separator on the 94? I know 95 had them. Some times the fuel fill necks crack and water gets is the gas tank. 45 minutes seems like an awful long time to be running the machine on a hose. You will do more damage than good doing that, thru-hull bearings, pump bearings. You may have a cracked cylinder

Thread Information