+1

First 4-tech and already at the mods thing..little advice needed

Purchased an 07 RXT w/130hrs. Strong and in good shape. Owned/wrenched 2 strokes for years and built a few 951 demons. Been a regular on pwctoday for years so with this new 4-tech here I am. I own 3 2-strokes so this new 4-tech beast was primarily purchased for some of the larger lakes we travel to that the chop just simply beats the tar out of you on a 2 seater 2-stroke.

Anyway I already added the 4" Fizzle air intake and Fizzle catch can. I've now torn the ski apart and added the Riva thru hull exhaust and kept opas...what a biatch making that work. I relocated the thru hull fitting about 1"3/4 up and 1"1/4 over. The Riva pipe I had to cut and add a mid coupler so I could rotate the section of pipe to follow the hull/deck instead of continuing on to point downward to the intended drill spot of the thru hull fitting. Truth be told I really think this thing turns like a barge in comparison to what I'm use to so getting rid of opas I feared would make turning even worse. I read up on it and found posts making claim that the opas do contribute some form of turning ability other than strictly "off power". No idea on level of truth to it but I didn't want to make this thing turn worse so devised a way to keep opas...had some help from a forum member here "Danny". Anyway the exhaust is near complete and was also installed for another reason...a Fizzle HE external IC. Just started that install and was wondering about water routing line....outlet barb is straight off the back of IC but where I ran the hose came right under the IC so to go up and then turn to a straight barb is causing some hose kink and I don't like it. I started to feel around the underside of motor to see if maybe I could run the outlet hose under motor and straight across to the other side to then have a nice gradual incline to the straight barb fitting on the IC. Best spot I found was right behind the motor motor but would still be back enough to have a gradual incline and avoid a hose kink. Only thing is the space is tight and felt like maybe it was causing a little flatness of the hose...so this might not work either. Next idea what to add a 90° elbow a few inches off the IC so hose could attach there and avoid kink. Almost thought it would have been nice to see both barbs on IC be 90's but ahhh you wouldn't be able to tighten em down as they'd hit and is why you also must install the straight one first.

Sorry if I babble on I just like to be thorough and I'm sure I still have missed something.

Next mod is an ET 127 with 42# injectors but is this a straight swap or is anything else required? I have someone taking care of the SC as I'm not familiar yet with slip and setting up a SC. So I was curious if anything else I have to be concerned with doing those last two mods? Then that's it!!...I've lost more skin on my knuckles than any project to date.

Banned User
    +1
    Sent ya an email Ken....You're good...

OH, and Happy belated birthday....if your screen name is right

+1
    belated? my b-day the 24th so you early brother.

+1
    Danny is a storm trooper he is a week ahead of us

Banned User
    +1
    DOH!

And trust me, the pain you went through is all gonna go away when you fire that ski up and it barks REALLY LOUD for you! When on the water, you pull that throttle back, and you start yelling louder than the exhaust......

+1
    Sure was a major jump in performance! Seeing the rpms jump up by 300 to 8160 had my mouth watering for more. So you were right...those hours put in for the work was worth it. A few days ago I wanted to kill someone and never thought I'd finish. Wish I would have had the opportunity to test a ski with and without opas because keeping it sure did make a headache for the thru hull exhaust install...but hey it's done. Being as high as I had to install it the thing is now spitting some nasty and strapped to trailer checking for leaks just had water getting tossed into the hull...I had to back trailer further in than normal to stop it. That flapper idea was a good suggestion...going to look into that. I'm ordering the wheel, 42# injectors, and prop today.

Wifey lettin you speak to me again? That was too funny but hey they won in yet another OT so she shouldn't hate me that much..lol

Thread Information