+1

Prop and upgrade advice for a 2009 PX

Hello,
    I have a 2009 PX and wanted a little guidance/tips from theGreen Hulk Experts on a prop choice, as well as your opinion on the next stepsfor my ski. Currently, I have thefollowing done:
    4” Kanaflex intake
    R and D grate
    Gutted water box with Riva through hull
    Re-located Fizzle HE heat exchanger
    Fizzle OPAS block-offs and hull extensions
    My question is, I was looking at the solas 15/22R that mostpeople get for the “stage 1.” Should Ilook at that, or is there something better out there. I am currently running at 8160-8180 withpretty calm/moderate chop, and I know I want to be lower (around 8k, right?). Should I look at the SS wear ring aswell? I wasn’t sure how they perform/holdup.
    I also got the block-off plate for the 215 ski’sheat-exchanger. Can I drill the hold inmy intake and remove the flame arrestor and use that plate with a clamp? Wanted to know if I could use a free modsince I already had it.
    Lastly, what do you guys feel are the next steps forme? Wedge, nozzles, etc. I ride in a river most weekends, maybe alittle in Lake Michigan and enjoy more aggressive riding.

Thanks for all your help,

Jeff

+1
    An RXP nozzle (83mm) is the cheapest next step for top end. A 15-22 prop would work until late summer and the lake warms up. You may want to (I recomend) sending it out to be repitched as I've heard they are not always true out of the box. Try it and see how it works for you. A reflash is my next step and I'm similar to your set up. Check into some Pressure Relief Valves soon also!

+1
    Pressure relief valve for sure, valvetrain up grade kit prevent valve float at high rpm, reflash ecu. Ss wear rings are good, but bare in mind when you get a rock through your pump your going to chew your prop but if you go with standard wear ring you will more then likely chew your wear ring not soo much your prop, plastic are also easier to get in out from my experiences. I have been running a 14/18 3 blade skat in the summer and a 15/20 solas in the cooler months. Personal preference really, are you after acceleration or top speed? I have a rotax racing ecu and 50lb injectors if your keen on doing your ecu.

+1
    Thanks for the replies. I am kinda all around riding I like, so I am ok with giving and taking, but really don't want to force myself to one. Qiddo15, if you could, pm me on the Ecu and injectors, I have been looking into those. With river riding, I will stay away from the ss ring, makes sense. I will look into the pressure relief valves. Do the pump wedges affect your handling in your experiences?

Thanks again for the interest

Jeff

+1
    And when you are mentioning the pressure relief valve, is that for the tunnel/pump shoe, or the intercooler?

+1
    Pm sent

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1 View Post
    And when you are mentioning the pressure relief valve, is that for the tunnel/pump shoe, or the intercooler?
    Tunnel. Don't get bucked!! Also, as you have to pull the ride plate to do this it would be a good time to modify/change it if you have the time and money.

Thread Information