RXP V's RXT Fuel Efficiency

Anyone know how the RXT would compare to the RXP regarding fuel efficiency?

+1
    Probably very close as far as fuel efficiency goes, but the RXT probably uses a bit more fuel due to its higher weight.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yea i would think the same thing as well...

i can log about 63 miles on the dot on my GPS data log, at which point my fuel alarm is going off ( but of course when the alarm goes off yous still got about 2 gallons) ... but fair judgement would be 60 miles per tankful on an RXT according to a GPS.

the odometer on the ski usually reads quicker only by about 4-6 miles in my experience on a full tank.

so with that in mind, i'm getting just over 4 mpg. which as scary as it sounds, is NOT THAT BAD! i'm usually really haulin serious ass during those 65 miles, so if you took the speed and rpms down a few notches to a crsuiing speed SUPPOSEDLY fuel economy dramatically increases.

Who woulda thought that cruising speed wasn't WOT

so as Jerry said, i think the fuel economy difference would be practically unnoticeable. On dead calm lake conditions the RXP will have slightly better economy due to weight. BUT... i think in the open ocean or choppy water it will balance out bc the RXT stays hooked up better. constant unhooking, wave jumping, etc burns more gas bc in effect you are revving higher but ultimately going nowhere any faster.

Thanks for the info guys, I live on a island that is about 55-60 miles around, so I guess if I floor the RXT it's gonna be a close call as to whether I make it back

+1
    so ya know what ya do? for the first time you attempt going around the island, strap a gas tank on the back. I've taken long trips where gas stations were unknown to me and i didn't know how far i would make it. So i strapped a 5 gallon jug on the back platoform of the ski in case i needed it. now that i made the trip once, i know my limits and where i need to fuel up, etc...

the low gas alarm starts beeping on my rxp when there are 4 gallons left. I'd assume it is the same on the rxt. You can make it around the island no problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_
    the low gas alarm starts beeping on my rxp when there are 4 gallons left. I'd assume it is the same on the rxt. You can make it around the island no problem.
    The low gas alarm starts beeping when it has 1 out of 8 bars of fuel left, 16 gallons divided by 8 bars equals 2 gallons of fuel before the alarm beeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlonky1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_
    The low gas alarm starts beeping when it has 1 out of 8 bars of fuel left, 16 gallons divided by 8 bars equals 2 gallons of fuel before the alarm beeps.
    In a perfect world you would be correct. The last time mine started beeping I ran it a little while longer and then went home. After I got home and took her to the gas station I put 12.something gallons into the tank. You do the math.

Also if your theory held true I would be able to drive 450 miles on the 14 gallons of gas in my car. It reads 220 miles at half tank but usually I only get a max of 350-370 miles from the tank, One time In perfect conditions (winter cruise control entire trip ect) I got 400miles, but that was sucking fumes. If I went strictly by the gauge before half tank I should be able to drive in excess of 450 miles which equals about 32mpg. Most I have ever gotten from my car is 28.6mpg.

If you don't believe me take a look at this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3321_178.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	842.8 KB 
ID:	1176  

+1
    kinda like a car... u think when the needle is half wya, u got exactly half tank? NO WAY

i've run my RXT on the fuel buzzer going off 10 times... about a solid 20 minutes. filled it up and there was still fuel to spare... that fuel guage is far from divided into 2 gallons per bar

Thread Information