Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GTR 215 boarding step and depth finder install help...

Hello all,I tried to do a search for both items and only found limited info. We've put 12 hours on our new GTR (finally brake in sucks ) and the wife and I want two options,a boarding step and a depth finder. I would like to use OEM products for both unless another is better. I definitely want the OEM depth finder,but I'm not sure witch model I need. Also is the installation the same as the rxt/rxp as I found install instructions on them. What should I expect to pay? I didn't find any info on the boarding step install at all, not sure how hard it would be or what the step cost. We can live without the step but we think it would come in handy for our older brothers and sisters. Any help is appreciated!

+1
    The depth finder is pretty straight fwd install. It is a little different than RXT/RXT install.( I think it is easier) I got mine from forum member Tiny.
    I used a Aquaperfromance step on my 08 RXTX. It looked just like the one that was on my 06 RXT from the factory.

+1
    The sounder u need is the 295100421 It screws into place on the left side near the rear if your battery is in the rear it goes under the battery I think.
    We have the boarding step and kids like it but I don't use it. Dealer put it on just a few screws with silicone on them. Shop around for prices as I have seen the sounder go from $275 upto $770 and that's not including install but u could do it yourself no problems

+1
    Just got off the phone with the dealership,they said $300 for the depth finder and $229 for the step. Sounds reasonable,labor seemed a bit steep $220 for the depth,and $165 for the step.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    Just got off the phone with the dealership,they said $300 for the depth finder and $229 for the step. Sounds reasonable,labor seemed a bit steep $220 for the depth,and $165 for the step.
    Yikes! So, at around the going rate for labor those prices are saying it's about an hour and a 20 minutes for the step install and about 2 hours for the depth finder?!

+1
    I think Tiny sold me my depth finder for about $275. He works for a dealership. Install was very easy. 2 screws to mount the sending unit, run the wires to the fuse box. Plug and play.
    You can get a step from Aqua for around $150. Install is easy. I did it in about 30min.

+1
    I know I can install everything,I'm a mechanic. I'm just scared to put holes in my new ski.

+1
    I maned up and put the boarding step on this morning. After measuring 20 times,it only took about 10 min. I went ahead and bought the seadoo step from the dealer,I hate waiting on stuff to come in the mail. I'm probably going to hold off tell next season on the depth finder so my pockets can readjust.

+1
    I maned up and put the boarding step on this morning. After measuring 20 times,it only took about 10 min. I went ahead and bought the seadoo step from the dealer,I hate waiting on stuff to come in the mail. I'm probably going to hold off tell next season on the depth finder so my pockets can readjust.
    LOL! I'm glad it turned out well. I'm definitely thinking about putting one on my GTR. So, it really was that easy?

+1
    It helps to have an extra set of hands. After you measure and get it marked drill 6 holes and install screws basically. It comes with instructions. You don't even have to take the seat off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information