Gtx impeller skat trak or riva

Ok so I'm ordering the riva intake and intake grate for my seadoo gtx sc 185. I'm also doing the thru hull exhaust an opas removal. But now I'm trying to figure out which impeller I need an what pitch and if I need a wedge. I know it's a 155 housing but I saw skat trak has a 16/21 and 13/17.5. Riva sells a 13/21 what is the diff. Which do I get an will my rpms be out of wack after. I'm new to this stuff an have read so many forun pages an called but still can't figure it out. I'd like to have a nice holeshot prop with mid 60s top speed. Thank you I just wanna do this correctly an enjoy it.

+1
    with the 12/20 and 13/20 solas your rpms will be very low around 7200 you will need to take at least 2mm out of the trailing edge. also get an aluminum pump if you havent already it will stop the cavitation and wear rings getting worn so quick.

Ok I think I'm going to go with the 13/20r solas but what about a wedge? Do I need a 2 or a 2.5 or none.

+1
    Here is what is on my 185: Riva grate, Riva catch can, Groco strainer-shutoff valve, bilge pump, 4" Kana intake-filter, Riva 2*wedge, Solas 12.5/18, X boat IC.

The 4" air made a big difference in throttle response and acceleration over stock and has proven time and time again to better than Rivas 3" contraption. The 2* wedge also helped get the nose up. The 12.5/18 Solas was re-pitched by Erik at SFR and is designed to hold 7600 rpm in the hot Texas heat in the summer, in cool months it will run 7650 all day long. I added a 2008 IC and bracket mount which really kicked this ski in the ass for acceleration and throttle response. This ski runs side by side with my buddies stock RXT 215 while he is turning 8000 and I am only turning 7600!

Thanks do you think the 13/20r solas with a 2*wedge would be ok? An I think I'm gonna go with that 4inch. Is that the fizzle one that's the only one I find. Thanks a lot for your replys.

Also I saw sundance used a rxp pro intake kit that goes were the rear storage bin is. Would that part fit on my gtx it must if he did it? An I'm still on rhe fence between the solas 13/20r an the skat 16/21. Damn this is difficult

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by always dumping View Post
    Thanks do you think the 13/20r solas with a 2*wedge would be ok? An I think I'm gonna go with that 4inch. Is that the fizzle one that's the only one I find. Thanks a lot for your replys.
    I have no experience with Skat and would start with the Solas 13/20 see where you are at. If right at 7600-7650 your good to go. If not send it to Erik at SFR for his magic touch. The 4" Fizzle kit is the best option for you hands down. Guys that have had the rear setup WITH FRESH outside air have good results. If you are willing to cut up the rear seat go for it, other wise just go upfront with the 4" air kit and re-direct the stock fresh air towards the 4" filter. Just putting a short hose with a filter in the rear yields poor results due to heat build up. You need to realize you need to add a catch can for the unspent gasses from the crank case or run another hose to tap into the kana flex. IMO the catch can is the better option and keeps that shit from getting all over your SC.

Quote Originally Posted by always dumping View Post
    Also I saw sundance used a rxp pro intake kit that goes were the rear storage bin is. Would that part fit on my gtx it must if he did it? An I'm still on rhe fence between the solas 13/20r an the skat 16/21. Damn this is difficult

Awesome thank you jp. You helped a lot I appreciate it.

Thread Information