Krylon Gloss White on GPR Mellenium Edition Hull

I've seen a few threads where guys were using Krylon Gloss White rattle can and clear coat to repaint areas above the water line on white GPR's and said it matched pretty dang close! You can see where the ski was previously repaired on the nose from the PO doing a dock strike on top (not structural just a dent). The white is a little off. Can I sand it down, shoot with this Krylon and clear coat it? Small amount of vehicle painting history mostly backyard stuff. I can blend a little. From what I was hearing this stuff matches so well I figured I'd give it a shot and see what I can do. Has to match better than it does now. Thoughts? Any tips? Thanks!

Anyone?

Banned User
    +1
    Use the search tool. There's a Oem paint you can buy, I'm too lazy to look right now

Banned User
    +1
    Here that was hard.......http://colorrite.com/

On my phone now but I'll look when I get home. Available in a spray can? That's what I'm looking for. I found that site quickly upon searching, which I said I did in the OP. I am looking for a cheap, local solution that is easily applicable. Not looking to use a gun or order by the gallon. It's a section smaller than the size of a sheet of paper. Hence why I asked about the rattle can stuff. People have used it with success but I was asking about application procedures and tips. Thanks, I guess

Banned User
    +1
    You asked about krylon touch- I gave you the link. If you look you will see it comes in pens, cans, quarts, gallons, hell even 55 gallons if needed. Good luck

Search tool is handy

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    You asked about krylon touch- I gave you the link. If you look you will see it comes in pens, cans, quarts, gallons, hell even 55 gallons if needed. Good luck

Search tool is handy
    Thanks. Was planning on looking the site over when I got on my laptop. I am very familiar with the search function, and used it and found the paint some use in my situation. Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Yeah many guys on here have used the colorite with great results. I have never tried it but they said its all about the prep with any paint. I know when painting a while hull the use imron or something like that. Good luck and hopefully it looks like new when done

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    Yeah many guys on here have used the colorite with great results. I have never tried it but they said its all about the prep with any paint. I know when painting a while hull the use imron or something like that. Good luck and hopefully it looks like new when done
    Hope so too! Just picked up a $3 can of Krylon and some primer and going to spend some time on the primer and prep. If it turns out looking like a $6 job (what I spent) ill sand it down and start over and do it right. We shall see!

Thread Information