Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Possibly going Yamaha. Need advice

I have a chance to pick up a new 2011 FZS with three year warranty for 10,400 "before tax, no trailer" This seems like a good deal. What do you guys think?
    My last ski was an 08 RXT-X that was really a great ski, kinda regret selling it. Anyway... being used to that kind of performance would I be happy with the performance of the FZS?
    Thanks in advance.

+1
    After 350 hrs on the RXT and over 200 hrs on the FZS, I can say yes—I think you'll be happy with the performance of the Yamaha. The hull and ride on the RXT is better, but the massive 1.8L 4-cylinder engine on the FZS makes up for it. You can also get a full 5 yr warranty on the Yamaha, which is something Sea-Doo doesn't offer here in Florida.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    After 350 hrs on the RXT and over 200 hrs on the FZS, I can say yes—I think you'll be happy with the performance of the Yamaha. The hull and ride on the RXT is better, but the massive 1.8L 4-cylinder engine on the FZS makes up for it. You can also get a full 5 yr warranty on the Yamaha, which is something Sea-Doo doesn't offer here in Florida.
    Thanks for the input, in what way is the hull and ride better on the RXT? What do you think of the price?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    Thanks for the input, in what way is the hull and ride better on the RXT? What do you think of the price?
    Better; as in smoother, less impact to the rider in the heavy chop.
    The FZ platform is at its best in smooth water or light chop.
    If you ride in a lot of really rough water you might consider the FX SHO; it has a better hull for the big stuff. The price is right on the mark in my opinion.

+1
    Here is my review on the 2009 FZS...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782

+1
    Thanks again Yoyamma

sn i just picked up my fzs a few weeks ago and love it. I have had a few skis in the past and in my opinion its the most fun to ride. I had a GP1200R and still currently own a Sea Doo GTX supercharged as well as the FZS. I dont have as many hours as Yamma on mine I will say it's a super fun ski to ride and have no regrets.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vjstassi View Post
    sn i just picked up my fzs a few weeks ago and love it. I have had a few skis in the past and in my opinion its the most fun to ride. I had a GP1200R and still currently own a Sea Doo GTX supercharged as well as the FZS. I dont have as many hours as Yamma on mine I will say it's a super fun ski to ride and have no regrets.
    Thanks for the input. I think I'm probably going to get it.

+1
    I ended up getting a Seadoo GTR instead. I saw it in the showroom when I went to get the FZS and ended up liking it better. Thanks for your opinions though, I appreciate it.

+1
    You should have test rode them back to back though, if you would have you'd never have make that decision. I switched with my neighbor a couple of weeks ago (before the reflash) and it's night and day different, GTR (in sport mode) is just slow, sluggish and boring in comparison. To be honest I thought they'd be similar rides but the Doo isn't even close, it's almost embarassing for Seadoo. Funniest part was my neighbor was quite disappointed with his GTR too after riding my FZS, expressed some buyer's remorse. Since you already bought it though, just don't ride anyone's FZ and you'll never know what you're missing out on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information