Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Bahamas and Exumas trip in planning stage

Well we watched the videos of theengineer and theeliteone and got some ideas currently im stuck in Afghanistan for the year but got to wondering if we can make this trip of a lifetime happen so here we are about a year out in the planning phase. the map will be posted below if anyone wants to put their 2 cents in my idea would consist of taking a chase boat and two Sea Doos like I said its all just a dream right now but hopefully we can make it a reality

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...7bb9fd80&msa=0

+1
    That is actually my group's plan for next year! This year, we're just gonna hit Bimini at the end of August relax on the beach for a few days. But next year, your map is pretty much exactly what we plan on.

And one of the guys is in the process of buying a 35' Nordic and we're working on him to be our chase boat!

3. +1 by:

+1
    We went Miami To Chub (150 miles) on day one. 2 reason..... 1) This is day one of your trip and you will be fresh and have the energy to cover alot of ground. 2) You want to hit the Tongue of the Ocean first thing in the morning while its flat... well flat as its gonna get. That's an eerie place and you don't want to be there any longer then you have to.

+1
    yes but we would also be driving down from Indiana close to 24 hours drive so a night in Miami to sleep and get ready will be a must from chub to Nassau its a shorter trip then stay the night at Nassau to explore the island since we've never been

+1
    Its a great trip. Its not as big a deal as you may think.

We stayed at bimini sands. 4 skis no boats. my youtube vids are not fancy or edited but we made some..
    john94si is my youtube handle.

+1
    Hey thanks I liked the videos seemed pretty rough out there looks like you guys kept a decent speed and took breaks for awhile and still ended up with plenty of fuel, I seen you had some doubts with navigation was your only source of gps the Honda pwc? I'm planning on picking up a garmin 78 sc or 78s ive refined the map via Google earth and transferred it to Garmin base camp so all my way points and points of interest will be easy to use. Also im wondering about the customs I know for sure once we hit Bimini we clear customs but what about when we leave Florida and when we return to Florida?
    This will be the trip of our life and we cant wait to be home to get closer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by john07ex View Post
    Its a great trip. Its not as big a deal as you may think.

We stayed at bimini sands. 4 skis no boats. my youtube vids are not fancy or edited but we made some..
    john94si is my youtube handle.

+1
    That looks like the same place we'll be staying at the end of August. Are they any good?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    That looks like the same place we'll be staying at the end of August. Are they any good?
    coming back it was rougher seas but not too bad. bimini sands was ok. The little on site restaurant was not good but you don't have many choices. The restaurant on the southern most point was great though and a party place. Our BS condo didn't have any cable or satellite so we never watched any tv. And we booked our own slip for all our skis but they wouldn't allow us to do that. We had to "share" sport behind large fishing boats. That was BS. Everyplace we went to in bimini the servers and such were not helpful and tips are automatically tacked onto any bill. customs ..hahaha its a joke. b
    ring your OWN pen and dry off before you go into the office to clear customs. We never notified the US we were going or returning. A coast guard cutter was out and seemed to be closing in on us when we reentered haul over but never caught up so we didn't stop. it was a great trip. make sure to visit the NE end of the island.. secluded and beautiful water to ski and swim in.

+1
    We just completed the same trip, very demanding in rough seas, I would recommend going to Morgans Bluff instead of chub, due to the shallow reefs.. Only thing in Morgan's bluff the gas station takes only cash.. Cruise the north coast down 10 miles to cross the tongue at the shortest distance of 20 miles...if you get held up in customs in Bimini you will approach the tongue late afternoon...
    Quote Originally Posted by myown1manarmy View Post
    yes but we would also be driving down from Indiana close to 24 hours drive so a night in Miami to sleep and get ready will be a must from chub to Nassau its a shorter trip then stay the night at Nassau to explore the island since we've never been

+1
    We are planing the same trip for next year. We have a group of 7 skis coming from Georgia and another 5 to 7 skis from florida. This will be a trip of a life time and we want to make sure it's a fund and most importantly a safe trip. When during the summer is the best time to take trip, in the sense of calmer waters.
    Thank you all for sharing your experience and advice.
    I have subscribed to this thread so I can stay current.

Sorry guys, is not the same tripped on the map. Our trip will be a out 50 miles from Miami Fl.
    Last edited by jtswatertoy; 08-07-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information