+1

05 rxp pump support fins

i sent a impellor off to impros. They did a great job on getting it back to specs after it met several rocks. I put it back on the ski with a new wear ring. I was doing about 68 or so. i can only do around 62 now. The plasctic fins on the support are damaged , i read on here somewhere to file them down. could that be what caused the 5 plus mph drop.

+1
    If the prop looks fine I would check the pitch ( I had my buddies prop on my bench he sent to them a year ago and before I repitched every blade had a different pitch). I Would Inspect the wear ring if you sucked up rocks the wear ring got thrashed. Did you change/inspect your wear ring.

+1
    i bouight a new wear ring, its a 159mm from impros.I thought they were the best arond. i hope the prop is back to specs.

+1
    not to discredit them nobody is perfect just trying to point you in a helpful direction. make sure your pump seal and your pump is tight

Thats a lot of speed difference. Before going on a wild goose chase, I would call impros and clarify anything and everything about the original pitch and what was done during repair. I believe they keep it documented.
    They are a reputable company and the owner is really cool. I'd call them with any concern you have at all. Then chase other ideas or possibilities. I'm not so sure those plastic pump fins will scrub that much speed.

+1
    What RPMS are you pulling???Did you inspect the pump shoe for any other damage??Hows the intake grate??Is it damage free and flush with the ride plate???Is everything tight and torqued to spec??.if your RPMs are the same as before then i wouldnt think your prop is off that much...BUT you do definatly need to get them broken sharks teeth out,they can and will cause all kinds of havoc with cavatation and speed....If all those check out ok then I agree with Sean, call impros or see if they sent you a spec sheet..

+1
    i took off the pump today and filed all the fins down flush. It seemed to run a little better after that. I called solas first, the fins are to designed to break up air bubbles before it goes into the prop and pump. My rpm's are only around 7850, give ro take 50. i think that is where my spped got lost. i have taken the whole part apart twice and dont see anything wrong.

+1
    I would think its the prop pitch. Your short 300 rpm there. That translates to speed for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by usamps View Post
    i took off the pump today and filed all the fins down flush. It seemed to run a little better after that. I called solas first, the fins are to designed to break up air bubbles before it goes into the prop and pump. My rpm's are only around 7850, give ro take 50. i think that is where my spped got lost. i have taken the whole part apart twice and dont see anything wrong.

Sounds to me like your prop was tweeked,and when you sent it to impros to be reconditioned they set it back to the original pitch...you may need to have some prop tweeking done to get your RPMs and speed back.....this is why it is nice to have a prop gauge if your sit is modded,that way if you tear a prop up you can always reset it to what you had in it before.....

+1
    it was never tweaked. i bought a stage one kit from jerry and put it on. So its original.

Thread Information