+1

09 carbon seal removal help

I have a 09 rxpx and I have to replace the carbon seal and need to know how .
    I see their is a nut and if I un screw it which way do I spin it off

+1
    I think your reffering to the top hat pressing up against carbon seal? remove Pump stick small socket reinstall pump carefully put four bolts back on pump and equally start hand tighten bolts til snug. This will inturn push the driveshaft foward exposing c clip retaining top hat in place. remoce c clip remove pump slide drive shaft out repeat in reverse order to reinstall

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    I think your reffering to the top hat pressing up against carbon seal? remove Pump stick small socket reinstall pump carefully put four bolts back on pump and equally start hand tighten bolts til snug. This will inturn push the driveshaft foward exposing c clip retaining top hat in place. remoce c clip remove pump slide drive shaft out repeat in reverse order to reinstall
    No, 09-10 has a screw type set up for the driveshaft.

Hold the nut inside the hull and rotate the driveshaft from the rear of the ski clockwise to unscrew

OEM Tool part numbers
    Drive Shaft Holder - 529 035 985
    Drive Shaft Wrench - 529 036 167

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    No, 09-10 has a screw type set up for the driveshaft.

Hold the nut inside the hull and rotate the driveshaft from the rear of the ski clockwise to unscrew

OEM Tool part numbers
    Drive Shaft Holder - 529 035 985
    Drive Shaft Wrench - 529 036 167
    Bingo.....

6. +1 by:

+1
    Sorry for wrong info If Im wrong at least you will get a fast correct answer

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks guys

+1
    Sorry for wrong info If Im wrong at least you will get a fast correct answer
    the 09/10 went with a screw on type hat...needless to say they went back to the C-clip...lol

+1
    Thanks for the Info I seen a newer one with c clip and I was confused Im glad you clarified it for me.

This looks like a good way to do it, what do you mean by "stick small socket"? where?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pandan9 View Post
    This looks like a good way to do it, what do you mean by "stick small socket"? where?
    The small socket goes inside your impeller. Once you put the pump assembly back onto the driveshaft the socket takes up the slack between the impeller and the driveshaft, pushing the driveshaft forward slightly.
    As shrabber says....dont overtighten the pump assembly as you put it back in..... just tight enough to push the driveshaft forward, exposing the c-clip.
    Sometimes you may also need to tap the hat back towards the bellows if it`s stuck on the shaft.

Thread Information