2011 vxr cranks but wont start

New to forum. I actually have 2 waverunners, a vxr and a fzs. I screwed up flushing the vxr and shut it off with the water still running. I knew not to, just hit the stop button then remembered. Tried immediately to start it and it wouldn't go. Pulled plugs and they're dry. Oil is not milky. It started fine after storage. What got screwed up for those few seconds when the water was on and the engine was off?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slate View Post
    New to forum. I actually have 2 waverunners, a vxr and a fzs. I screwed up flushing the vxr and shut it off with the water still running. I knew not to, just hit the stop button then remembered. Tried immediately to start it and it wouldn't go. Pulled plugs and they're dry. Oil is not milky. It started fine after storage. What got screwed up for those few seconds when the water was on and the engine was off?
    Did you try the plugs out and the injectors unplugged while cranking it?

Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    No. But I put everthing back together, waited an hour and it fired right up instantly. I dunno. But I like it when things fix themselves.

+1
    No. But I put everthing back together, waited an hour and it fired right up instantly. I dunno. But I like it when things fix themselves.
    I would be leary tho

5. +1 by:

I would be leary tho
    One other thing I did I didn't mention was I pulled off the muffler and dumped it out. Water goes back up the exhaust in that situation. Maybe was a back pressure issue or an exhaust sensor got wet. It was only shut off with water on for 2-3 seconds. Only started an hour after that. No water in the crankcase or heads, it concerned me that it wouldn't start ,but now it runs fine. Not too worried. In order to go back in the engine it would have to first fill the exhaust. Or am I missing something here. Can honestly say that I dont know why it wouldn't start tho.

+1
    2-3seconds you're fine. At the begining of the season My VXR wouldn't start on the water but ran fine on hose. Needed a new battery.

+1
    Yep your good but maybe something got wet, plugs maybe damp anyway go have fun. Best way wot it to dry it all out lol

Thread Information