Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2001 Polaris Genesis FICHT WONT START PLEASE HELP!!!!

hey guys this is my story.

I bought this ski about a mouth ago knowing the EMM was out. So i sent it off to DFI got it fixed and now i have fuel but no spark. It cranks and everything just no spark. PLEASE HELP!!!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to the hulk.

check k447 pages ( link in my signature) for basic troubleshooting pay attention to the section on ignition coil grounding

please don't post with all caps, its annoying

for collective information, what problem did DFI cite on your repair ticket?

Thanks and sorry im use to attracting people's attention because i sell things but anyways.

yes i have read through his stuff there's two things i wanted to try was the LR stop bypass and the holding the bilge pump while i tried to start it

DFI diagnosed it to be no spark and said that the usual C89 Capacitor went out.

thanks for the reply

also umm i think i just found that im missing my TPS???? can any one tell me where that is located and if that would effect the ignition?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the tps is mounted on the pto side of the thottle body. it will not affect an engine start if missing, but thre will be no throttle response.

check your crank sensor, remove it, check the tip, clean it, check the resistance. if the cps is out, you won't get a spark.. If I am not mistaken, the cps controls the startup of the fuel pump also, s maybe not, but you need to go over the wiring between the coils and the big connector on teh emm.

it's rare that a dfi repaired emm won't get a ski running..unles of coruse there are other underlying issues.

so that what be the side where the emm is??

also what kind of readings would i get for the crank sensor because i checked it but maybe not the right way

and yes tell me about I got so excited when i got it back and then to find out that it still wont start its just frustrating

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    the tps is mounted on the pto side of the thottle body. it will not affect an engine start if missing, but thre will be no throttle response.

Apparently some Polaris EMM don't like the TPS being not plugged in, and do not start the engine.

I do not know which EMM version(s) or model years this applies to, but I have encountered a number of reports over the years in this regard.

well i have a unplugged connector on the back side of the throttle body with three wires that are red green and black.

so i looked at a wiring diagram and the tps was the only thing with three wires connecting to it with those colors so i figured that must be missing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrenneckex View Post
    well i have a unplugged connector on the back side of the throttle body with three wires that are red green and black.

so i looked at a wiring diagram and the tps was the only thing with three wires connecting to it with those colors so i figured that must be missing.
    The unplugged connector is hanging off the throttle body? If so, look for the mating connector from the wire harness.

no sorry it was from the wiring harness but it was in the vicinity of the back side of the throttle body. the connector originated from the emm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrenneckex View Post
    no sorry it was from the wiring harness but it was in the vicinity of the back side of the throttle body. the connector originated from the emm.
    As I recall the 2001 model has the TPS style without a pigtail lead.

Look directly at the rear of the throttle body (may need to remove the flame arrestor cover to see better) in the vicinity of the rear end of the long shaft that runs lengthwise through all three throttle bodies. Either you will see the end of the throttle shaft, or you will see the TPS itself.

The TPS is black and has the three pin electrical connector molded right into the body of the TPS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information