Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fizzle IC kit Drama!!

I took off 24hrs of work this Sunday to ride my ski after thinking the new Fizzle IC would basically drop right into the spot where my old XS type IC has been. A week after having this kit and I'm STILL fighting installation drama at EVERY bullshit turn. The couplers don't fit; half the couplers aren't the right size diameter; I'm stuck (luckily, I guess) rigging my old TB coupler on; the IC bracket has me bound up against the hull "roof"; the installation instructions are not totally updated - that burned up some time earlier this week learning what to ignore/not ignore; apparently you MUST torque all of the clamps at the IC before installation because otherwise you'll never get a wrench in there afterwards ----> so, you then have to pre-fit the IC and those connections in the hull, remove IC from bracket/hull, torque them, put back onto the bracket, but then pray they're actually situated JUST RIGHT so that the rest of the manipulation of the "just-not-quite-right-bends" of everything else goes well enough. I can ever-so-easily place a box wrench clean inside the lip of the TB coupler - while it's on the TB! So, I'm in the garage reaching deeper for patience and suddenly it occurs to me that my exhaust (that I've BEEN using with my other IC) will never make it under the fizzle bracket, and even if it did, it's gonna get torn by the hooks for the rubber straps. Well, that won't happen because my OEM exhaust hose will N-E-V-E-R go the route that it did with my XS IC. So, now my ski is in pieces for a week, and i'm just now rigging everything far enough along to pretend I'm gonna make it on the water Sunday, after giving up my work shift and potentially loosing hundreds there alone...only to find out, I BETTER SHOP FOR AN EXHAUST KIT with this innocent "IC swap"! In the instructions, there's a pic showing a ski with a hard pipe running the exhaust along the OEM route (Im guessing it's a earlier RXP like mine!?!)...WHERE do I get THAT pipe?? Will that be my last problem, besides my shitty couplers issue?? 20yrs ago I was fitting multiple exhaust kits on several Mustangs and then Supras....this is not my first turn of a wrench or fighting pipes over rear-ends and mufflers....I'm not a whimp when it comes to fighting this sort of shit and I'm not clueless to general logic of being a backyard mechanic. So, please tell me, W-T-F else should I know RIGHT F'n NOW before I continue further, pretending that this crap is supposed to go easier! Obviously, my fuse is gone, I apologize in advance for that...but Jesus! And sorry for the lack of paragraphing this rant, but the F'n forums (or WTF-ever) is not allowing me to do so Garage lights are off and the Vodka bottle is open Somebody, prove me wrong, PLEASE! Because I'd much rather know that I'll make it to the damn lake on my "day off"!

+1
    I didn't have any issues fitting my Fizzle high efficient IC and I was the very first to get one. you might just be over complicating it and a 2.5 in piece of aluminum pipe will work for the exhaust.

+1
    I read thet the stock resonator has to be remofed in order to instal the IC

The removal of the exhaust resonator is necessary with the kit, but the stock exhaust outlet and the Off Powered Assisted Steering system can remain in use.

Taken from here: http://www.fizzlefactory.com/sd_intake_intercooler.html

Hope this help

I have a gutted OEM waterbox - stock length.

Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    I didn't have any issues fitting my Fizzle high efficient IC and I was the very first to get one. you might just be over complicating it and a 2.5 in piece of aluminum pipe will work for the exhaust.
    Not necessarily....I call shit the way it is. I'm very careful not to exaggerate anything, ever. You have any pics showing fitment and clearances? What exhaust parts do you have?

EDIT: keep in mind, I'm also the only lucky one that got couplers in which I can install, and still shove box wrenches underneath them, with zero effort what-so-ever

+1
    English is not my first language but removal of the stock resonator I understand as total remove - delete.

Sorry for the troubles dude

+1
    My kit went in like cake, 2.5 inch couplers fit perfect on tb and sc. I'll have to see if i still have pics of the HE setup. I have since upgraded to a custom intercooler. Go thru hull exhaust and you won't have that problem at all, I run thru hull but can easily see how you could run a piece of pipe under the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    My kit went in like cake, 2.5 inch couplers fit perfect on tb and sc. I'll have to see if i still have pics of the HE setup. I have since upgraded to a custom intercooler. Go thru hull exhaust and you won't have that problem at all, I run thru hull but can easily see how you could run a piece of pipe under the bracket.
    I will literally shit an egg if I'm forced to run a thru-hull, just for this IC "swap"

+1
    Idk why you don't talk to fizzle, I'm sure he will be more than willing to sort out your issues.

10. +1 by:

Been there, done that....he's supposed to send me new couplers yada yada. Now, these exhaust issues that I just discovered tonight. ADAMBOMB doesn't even use a fizzle bracket with his new HE IC....hmmmm?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information