Looking to get a little more out of my gp 760

Hi all, this is my first post here but I've been lingering around viewing threads for awhile now. Thanks for the great info I've found so far. I have 1997 gp 760. I wanna improve its performance. I'm gonna start with a Solas impeller, is 15/19 the best pitch? Also an r&d intake grate. Ive seen two different style grates, the dual wing, and another style that has 3 flat levels. Which grate do you think is best? I've shimed the stock ride plate do you thing a riva ride plate will make a difference? Also I was thinking about putting the k&n filters on the carbs, theyre very pricey do you think the gains ill get from the filters is worth the money?

thanks in advance the replies.

Mike

+1
    I'm not sure what type of gains you're after really but the best thing you can do is wait until after the season and tear into that motor. Every Yamaha I've had apart so far has terrible cylinder sleeve to port matchup. Just opening that mess up and milling a bit off your stock head will make that thing a different machine. Add some nice flame arrestors and rejet and I gaurantee it will be into the low 50's.

+1
    http://www.macdizzy.com/gp.htm
    calm down with going overboard... do a good bit of research, and don't forget about rejetting. maybe chat with watercraft magic.

if you want to see a blown up 760 i can shoot a pic, or just leap before you look and you'll have one too...

Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to go crazy. I'd really just like to improve the acceleration and ease the porpoising. I like the ski because its so easy to work on unlike most of the newer skis with super chargers that leave no room to work. Would you say the 760 is a reliable ski when things are kept pretty much stock?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to go crazy. I'd really just like to improve the acceleration and ease the porpoising. I like the ski because its so easy to work on unlike most of the newer skis with super chargers that leave no room to work. Would you say the 760 is a reliable ski when things are kept pretty much stock?
    Very reliable ski even with mods if done correctly.

6. +1 by:

Thread Information