Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

water came out of the fuel pulse line?

I am replacing all my fuel lines and upgrading to the triple outlet pump. When I went to change the pulse line I pulled it off and water ran out of the side of the block.... Is this normal? I am assuming not (new to jet skis) thanks!

Question about a fuel line... newbie..

I pulled off the line coming out the side of the engine and going up to the fuel pump. When i pulled the line off the engine water came out. Is this normal? I thought that was vacuum if so thats definitely not normal correct? And could i put air through it some place to clear it out? thanks!
    Last edited by 1993sl650; 06-22-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have you recently run this engine, or ever run this engine?

Are you sure it is water? Could it be gasoline or gas/oil mixture?

Take all the spark plugs out and crank the engine. Does liquid water or water mist spew out the top of the motor?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Have you recently run this engine, or ever run this engine?

Are you sure it is water? Could it be gasoline or gas/oil mixture?

Take all the spark plugs out and crank the engine. Does liquid water or water mist spew out the top of the motor?
    No I haven't recently. Last time it was ran was 2007-2008 if i remember correctly. I was having an issue with it running at half throttle I didn't ride it around that way kind of just put it off to the side and forgot about it. :\

I am positive it was water. I let my friend use it and he got water in it... maybe he got more in it than he said. If water went above the carbs would it go into the vacuum?

I will do the crank over soon as I get a new battery. I am completely going through it and I just ordered a bunch of stuff so have to wait a week or so. Sorry I didn't share more details in the first post.

+1
    Does the motor spin freely with the plugs out? If the water was above the carbs, yes, it would have been ingested into the engine and down to the pulse fitting. When did your friend last use it?

Banned User
    +1
    If its been sitting that long with water in it, I hate to say it, but that motor is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Does the motor spin freely with the plugs out? If the water was above the carbs, yes, it would have been ingested into the engine and down to the pulse fitting. When did your friend last use it?
    2008 or so id say. It was fogged before it was forgot about. The engine does spin over by hand with no problems. Thanks for the help guys!

What would it cost roughly parts wise to rebuild it myself? I did have it rebuilt by polaris back in 2006 I think? I would have to find the receipt.

+1
    Guessing this is a 93 SL650.....Depending on what you need, but here are some numbers. If water has been sitting in the motor for 5 years, the bearing are likely rusted and you will probably need a new crankshaft.

Crankshaft $300 reman
    Jugs $50 - 100 used each
    New Piston Kits $80-100 with rings each
    Heads $20-30 used each
    Gasket set $90 - $100
    New top end kit $300
    Rebuilt Motor complete $800-900
    Fuel pump upgrade kit $50-60
    New fuel lines $30-50

Guessing this is a 93 SL650.....Depending on what you need, but here are some numbers. If water has been sitting in the motor for 5 years, the bearing are likely rusted and you will probably need a new crankshaft.

Crankshaft $300 reman
    Jugs $50 - 100 used each
    Heads $20-30 used each
    Gasket set $90 - $100
    New top end kit $300
    New fuel lines $30-50
    Yikes! I did already do fuel lines and upgraded to the triple outlet pump so I guess I am a step ahead there. lol...

Is there any chance that maybe just maybe the motor would be "ok"? It had a whole can of polaris fogging oil put into it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1993sl650 View Post

Crankshaft $300 reman
    Jugs $50 - 100 used each
    Heads $20-30 used each
    Gasket set $90 - $100
    New top end kit $300
    New fuel lines $30-50
    Yikes! I did already do fuel lines and upgraded to the triple outlet pump so I guess I am a step ahead there. lol...

Is there any chance that maybe just maybe the motor would be "ok"? It had a whole can of polaris fogging oil put into it.
    Obviously you can do whatever you want. If there is rust in the bearings, they eventually will fail. The nasty part is what they take with them when they go.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information