Thread: Vipec firmware

+1

Vipec firmware

Does anyone have the directions for the Vipec V88 firmware in pdf form, Ros offered them to me via fax and do not have access to one I have been trying since 6-17-13 it is now 6-21-13 to get from Riva and getting close to summer I need the directions if anyone has them I would appreciate it my email is [email protected] Thank you

+1
    I found the file this all started with upgrading my firmware and the ski would act like it was hitting a wall the rpm would not go over 8400 I could not go full throttle finally I went back to 4.5.1. firmware and ski is running great

+1
    Ok the vipec lasted most of the summer in my 2009 FZR then I got a skip after about 1 to 2 hours of riding and I replaced plugs installed map again and still skipping at all rpm's leave it sit for awhile and it runs ok for another 1 to 2 hours sent a log file to riva they say it is a crank sensor. I then installed the stock ecu and ran it for 3 hours with no issue, then sent the vipec to riva they say they ran it for 2 hours on there test set up with no issues they say they have no watercraft to test it in and no time I told them to install the new firmware and see if it would run they said they would and test it again ??????? I will keep you posted what happens next.

+1
    Riva said they tested my vipec in a watercraft and had no issue they say it is my crank sensor. I have run my stock ecu and it runs great. Has anyone replaced a crank sensor and how hard is it? Is it called a crank sensor in the manual trying to find it? What are the chances the crank sensor is bad because it runs fine on stock ecu?

+1
    This may not help so sorry but my TLR ran great on stock ECU but with power commander the crank sensor kept chucking Faults !!
    As I said not much help but you seem to be talking to yourself on thread so at least you have a reply lol

+1
    Thank you I am surprised there are not more people with this problem. Has any one replaced a crank sensor is it hard to do?

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    I doubt it is a crank sensor. If it was the ski would not run with either ECU. You should be able to see a crank sensor fault in the data logging if it was set up correctly.

+1
    Thank you nils888

This is what I got from Riva this is the first email Robert,
    The log you sent shows an excessive crank sensor error count. Meaning it's missing teeth on the crank trigger wheel. The engine miss is the ecu trying to relocate TDC #1.

This is the second

The issue your describing is normally associated with metal contaminating the crank sensor pickup. OR the coupler has came loose and moved in location.

The crank sensor is located internally in the engine and is magnetic. Any metal debris will lodge it's self to the sensor causing the air gap to change. This causes the interference and the engine miss your describing. You can adjust the arming voltage values in the Vipec software and try to filter out the noise. But if the coupler has spun then engine damage will occur with continued use.

To adjust the arming values go to Ecu Settings - Trigger 1. There you'll find a table called 'Arming Threshold Table'. Adjust the value in the rpm range where the miss is occurring. Increase the value in small increments a value to high will cause good signals to be filtered out.

Like I said the stock ecu runs perfect I am going to borrow an R3 from someone and see what that does an go from there I never had the teeth brake off I had the old style clutch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert63 View Post
    Thank you nils888

This is what I got from Riva this is the first email Robert,
    The log you sent shows an excessive crank sensor error count. Meaning it's missing teeth on the crank trigger wheel. The engine miss is the ecu trying to relocate TDC #1.

This is the second

The issue your describing is normally associated with metal contaminating the crank sensor pickup. OR the coupler has came loose and moved in location.

The crank sensor is located internally in the engine and is magnetic. Any metal debris will lodge it's self to the sensor causing the air gap to change. This causes the interference and the engine miss your describing. You can adjust the arming voltage values in the Vipec software and try to filter out the noise. But if the coupler has spun then engine damage will occur with continued use.

To adjust the arming values go to Ecu Settings - Trigger 1. There you'll find a table called 'Arming Threshold Table'. Adjust the value in the rpm range where the miss is occurring. Increase the value in small increments a value to high will cause good signals to be filtered out.

Like I said the stock ecu runs perfect I am going to borrow an R3 from someone and see what that does an go from there I never had the teeth brake off I had the old style clutch.
    Hi
    I am a vipec/Link dealer and tuner if you would like me to help drop me a pm
    Jase

Thread Information