Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Which would you buy? 2012 FX HO vs. Ultra LX

I have my search down to a used 2012 FX HO with 30 hours on it for $10,900 with trailer OR a brand new 2012 Ultra LX with zero hours on it for $9200 with a trailer. The LX comes with warranty the HO does not.

Thoughts?

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Brand new. Easy. If it was reversed and the HO was brand new I'd say go the HO.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    I have my search down to a used 2012 FX HO with 30 hours on it for $10,900 with trailer OR a brand new 2012 Ultra LX with zero hours on it for $9200 with a trailer. The LX comes with warranty the HO does not.

Thoughts?
    Water DR, you did not give us alot of information as to how you plan to ride. If you are planning to ride "big hours" I would go with the Yamaha. Else, the LX may work . . . but if you are planning on putting 100+ hours on the Ski per year your choice should be the Yamaha. JB

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Kawasaki.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post

Thoughts?
    Water DR, you did not give us alot of information as to how you plan to ride. If you are planning to ride "big hours" I would go with the Yamaha. Else, the LX may work . . . but if you are planning on putting 100+ hours on the Ski per year your choice should be the Yamaha. JB
    You have got to be kidding me. You're saying that an LX can't last beyond 100 hours. Seriously John that is some crap talk there.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

Thoughts?
    You have got to be kidding me. You're saying that an LX can't last beyond 100 hours. Seriously John that is some crap talk there.
    What else is new.
    Reliability wise they are damn near identical and use the same fuel. The Lx has more storage and range and a better rough water ride. The ho is little better probably for the sit down rider. Mal had the best answer to with the new one and warranty because the shit happens factor is always there on any ski even the all mighty Yamaha

My dear friends Mr Mal, Tommy, and Rod. What I got from what I read is the following:
    - OP is not racing
    - Reliability is of premium importance.
    - The OP "may" want to go past 54 mph (LX is about 54 mph, the HO would be about 62ish . . . big difference!).

I am not against the LX, but I do think the HO offers more overall benefits and advantages. JB

+1
    Where did you read all that??

The question was basically should I buy a second-hand ski over a new ski (that's cheaper). It's a no brainer. New.

Now, if they were both new and both roughly the same price, that question is much harder to answer. I'd be very tempted to get the HO over the LX, but to choose one with 30 hours, no warranty, over an LX that's brand new, well yeah different story.

+1
    I'm sure if the OP was tossing up between the HO with 3214 hrs and 2014 Kawasaki Ultra 300X with lifetime warranty, unlimited supply of premium fuel, bikini clad babes to help launch and retrieve the ski off the trailer and also go for lonely walks on deserted beaches at sunset, John would somehow still pick the Yamaha. Each to their own opinion I suppose

+1
    My dear friends Mr Mal, Tommy, and Rod. What I got from what I read is the following:
    - OP is not racing
    - Reliability is of premium importance.
    - The OP "may" want to go past 54 mph (LX is about 54 mph, the HO would be about 62ish . . . big difference!).

I am not against the LX, but I do think the HO offers more overall benefits and advantages. JB
    BTW I thought the LX was achieving 56-57 on the flat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information