Thread: iBR help

iBR help

i have a 2010 gtx 260 is limited and this afternoon after hitting a wake from another boat as the ski hit the water my ibr module failed and it dumped me into limp home mode. now anytime I go over like 15mph the same thing happens. ibr works perfect if i drive slow though. did I just knock something loose and whenever I speed up the vibration loosens it again?

+1
    Sounds like something is loose cut the cable ties going to the ibr unit as they usually pull the connections hard at an angle check all your connections and see if there are any obstructions or loose bolts at ibr gate. Check fuse that its seated properly. Let us know how u go

+1
    I had loose bolts in the pump area make my ibr light come on.
    Check the bolts and make sure they are all there and tight.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    use caution tightening bolts in the IBR..there are some issues regariding the inserts stripping out I've read about ( I expect some real IBR problems by the end of the season here, as I noticed a few of them a the marina last week..all shiny and new)

ok, finally got around to going outside to start checking this stuff out today
    i literally got it yesterday, so i need to familiarize myself with stuff

i checked the fuses and they all look brand new. i noticed if i lift the suspension all the way there's a small uh..thing under the steering controls with some cables going to it that are zip tied. would those be an issue at all?

i'm gonna go back out and check the bolts in back on the ibr gate in a minute.
    i'm trying to check everything i can before taking it out because its a 15min drive out of my lagoon before i can give it any real gas, so its kind of a chore to go out and see if it's fixed

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Raise the deck and take the storage bucket out. Here is maybe your culprit. It gets tossed around from hanging there. Try squeezing the connector back together and see if you can feel a tick from it reconnecting. 2010's have massive ibr issues. Mine was upgraded to a 2012 system under warranty and still acts up once in a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0077.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	304559  

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    luckily Seadoo opted to forgo the automatic fire supresion system (AFSS) until 2020..can't wait to see what happens when that system malfunctions!

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Raise the deck and take the storage bucket out. Here is maybe your culprit. It gets tossed around from hanging there. Try squeezing the connector back together and see if you can feel a tick from it reconnecting. 2010's have massive ibr issues. Mine was upgraded to a 2012 system under warranty and still acts up once in a while.
    ok great, thats exactly what i was looking at. mine is sitting on top of that silver metal piece near the top and is pretty snug. it had zip ties holding the wires on either side, i slid those off.

here's a video of my ibr gate. every bolt seems tight, but i'm just double checking if being able to wiggle the gate like this is normal?

thanks for the help guys

great news! re-seated the fuses, made sure those wires were tight and loosened the zip ties
    just was out for about 30 minutes (the bay is really rough today) and 0 issues.
    thanks for the help guys!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    This is true. My 2010 GTX 215 iS once threw a code for the throttle accelerator sensor. We disconnected this part, tested it with the Sea-Doo harness, and found that there were no issues with the sensor. We plugged it back in and I have put about 5 hours on it since without seeing another code.

Thread Information