2001 Seadoo GTI Bogging then Surging

Hello, I am new here and have an issue with my 2001 Seadoo GTI. I have read through several threads and have not been able to find anything such as the issue I am having.

When accelerating up to about 1/2 throttle everything is good. Anywhere between 1/2 and WOT it will accellerate and then slow and the acccelerate and slow, alternating constantly. For example, I can hold it at 3/4 throttle, it accelerates there nicely and without issue and then it will bog down a little, losing a little speed and RPM. I continue holding at the same throttle opening and it will pick back up again, then bog again. I was thinking because of the throttle opening it was either the main jet or the high speed mixture screw, but it worked fine before and I am not getting any performance change no matter what I do with the mixture screw. I can't tell if it's a rich issue or lean issue, or an issue with the electric or something else.

Another thing I noticed is from a stop, I can apply WOT and it accelerates through the range, however never gets near top speed before beginning the bogging and accelerating cycle. I am fairly good with carbs and engines but this one has me stumped, and I am not used to watercraft carbs. I have rebuilt the carbs completely and checked and rechecked everything. It is a 717 engine with an aftermarket flame arrester. I am not sure if this is a carb issue with the needle valve, the high speed mixture screw, too rich, too lean, etc.

All fuel lines are new and not the old grey lines, fuel filter looks good, new spark plugs...I'm lost and need some advice. Any help is much appreciated.

blue springs , mo
    Pto and mag seal failure

Austin, TX
    did you clean or replace the small filter in carbs? when these clog they will surge or lean out on top end. also check fuel valve, does it run different with valve on res position compared to on position?

blue springs , mo
    You need to do a pressure test on the engine if it doesn't hold pressure it is ur seals

Thread Information