Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

seadoo rxp flywheel bolts help pleeeeaase

hi everyone iv been instructed to join here by a few friends of mine because you lot are the best I have a major issue with my 2008 rxpx with the flywheel bolts keep snapping after 10 mins use I have gone through 2 stators in 2 weeks and have entered an aqua cross race next week, I put new seadoo bolts on and torque them correctly as per manual and they still snapped, is there anything else I need to be looking at , I am pulling my hair out and am running out of time if anyone could help me I will be so greatfull kind regards chris

+1
    happened to me twice also. u don't want to hear this, but i pulled engine and sent crank, and all other bit too machine shop. they balanced it all, and now its fine. there waqs an issue with a locator pin pushing in the hub, making it wobble. I also put ARP bolts in it once balanced. Ski is great now, and revs up real quick and smooth with the balancing.

hope u get it sorted. was real frustrating for me. time consuming and costly too

+1
    Another one ... What's BRP doing at factory ....

As C DOO said , his did it twice as we'll ... Had the engined balanced and the machine shop notice flywheel on the shake ... Locate pin on the squew ...

Must be rushing assembly ...

+1
    Yeah and also makes for a long, slow trip back to the ramp under tow!! Haaa

+1
    only difference is mine and pauly's are 2012px... philly astra is on a 08px...

how much extra hp are u pumping thru this ski?

at a minimum try the ARP bolts instead of the sea poo stretch bolts... but i would just bight the bullet and get the thing balanced/blueprinted. your ski will love u for it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by C Doo View Post
    only difference is mine and pauly's are 2012px... philly astra is on a 08px...

how much extra hp are u pumping thru this ski?

at a minimum try the ARP bolts instead of the sea poo stretch bolts... but i would just bight the bullet and get the thing balanced/blueprinted. your ski will love u for it
    Arp with red loc tite there much stronger then seadoo there 25.00 bucks

7. +1 by:

Hi there thanks for your help I was hoping u wouldn't say that lol I'm not sure how much power it is iv done a bit of port and polish work exhaust work and intake work so prob not much more power, ARP bolts sound like a plan how much stronger are they ,is there anywhere in the uk I can get them like yestaday lol thanks

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    that totally sucks and i know how you feel! arent you tearing down the engine to clean it out anyway? balance the rotating assembly and make sure its right.

10. +1 by:

+1
    in Australia we use the ARP bolts designed to go on the cam of the LS-1 chevrolet engine. try some performance shops near where u live. But its an engine out job anyways, as u know. so i would balance it so i i know its not coming out again

I had this happen to me a couple of times as well. My final solution was a new flywheel and assure that the flywheel fits completely over the crank, and then the pin fits in. If it is not completely flush do not rely on the flywheel bolts to bring it in as it may hit max torque and rotation before this happens.

I feel your pain man!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information