Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

A New Adventure!

I am excited to announce that I have started a new chapter in my life. My wife and I have formed a new company called Jet Ski Fishing and Adventures Inc.

I will start taking small groups of three on fishing trips and tours beginning June 29th.

This will not be your typical jet ski rental where you make laps or circles in a small designated area.

These are adventures to locations in the Chesapeake Bay that can only be accessed by water craft. I will be making three hour trips to destinations like New Point Comfort Light, Chesapeake Light Tower offshore of Virginia Beach, the “Concrete Ships” on the Eastern Shore and cruises around the beautiful wetlands and marshes of Poquoson. Be sure to bring your camera and be ready to see Dolphins, Pelicans, Seals and maybe a Humpback whale in the Winter months.

Fishing trips will be targeting specific species such as Cobia, Red Drum, Striped Bass, Flounder, Sheepshead and Tuatog. I can customize every trip to each groups needs or desires.

Riders will be on custom rigged Personal Watercraft that have GPS/ Fish Finders, VHF Radios, Rod Holder and Coolers. Two of the models are custom Yamaha FXHO’s that are loaded with anything a fisherman needs on the water. The others are Yamaha SUV 1200′s, these are the only four person pwc’s ever manufactured by Yamaha, they are equally ready to fish or cruise. The SUV’s are huge and extremely stable, great for an all day trip on the water.

I was fortunate to be able to get insurance coverage for trips up to 20 miles offshore.

I love being on the water and showing people what I am lucky to see through the pictures I take and share. Now I can show people in person! I will still continue doing the post on here because I like doing the reports.

I will have another website specifically devoted to Jet Ski Fishing and Adventures inc. up and running soon. It will detail the requirements, cost (which is going to be about half of typical jet ski rental) and various trips. You will be able make reservations and choose the trips or customize one. In the mean time you can contact me direct at;

[email protected]

757-342-5780

I will be photographing and posting the trips and pictures. All guest will be given the pictures in electronic form at no charge.

Here are some pictures of the custom rigged machines you will be on. Some sights and fish to be had as well.

+1
    Congrats on the new venture, Brian - best of luck!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    ... Jet Ski Fishing and Adventures Inc.

I will start taking small groups of three on fishing trips and tours beginning June 29th.

... cost (which is going to be about half of typical jet ski rental) ...
    Best wishes on your new venture!

Do not be afraid to charge what it is worth to your customers. You are in the business of creating memories, and these can be very valuable things.

Find a price structure that not only makes business sense but also brings an inner smile as you finish off each successful day on the water. A healthy profit margin can make the bad days seem less so.

Cancellations, poor weather, unexpected difficulties, delays, last minute changes, all eat into the profit margin and can grind you down.

I suspect if you set the pricing to match the calibre of the experience it will show that you truly value it and customers will too.
    Last edited by K447; 09-07-2013 at 08:48 AM.

4. +1 by:

Congrats Brian! I read this the other day on your blog and I also wish you luck. BTW, Cool Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... Jet Ski Fishing and Adventures Inc.

... cost (which is going to be about half of typical jet ski rental) ...
    Best wishes on your new venture!

Do not be afraid to charge what it is worth to your customers. You are in the business of creating memories, and these can be very valuable things.

Find a price structure that not only makes business sense but also brings an inner smile as you finish off each successful day on the water. A healthy profit margin can make the bad days seem less so.

Cancellations, poor weather, unexpected difficulties, delays, last minute changes, all eat into the profit margin and can grind you down.

I suspect if you set the pricing to match the calibre of the experience it will show that you truly value it and customers will too.
    Couldnt agree more. Best of luck Brian and keep us updated
    Last edited by K447; 09-07-2013 at 08:48 AM.

+1
    Thanks for the replies. I am trying to make it affordable yet profitable. I am looking forward to showing others what I have enjoyed for years.

8. +1 by:

Really this is new adventure, vary less people are used to do so of it. Fishing on Jet ski is like somewhat dare thing. As you also remain your control and see to where to stop it and then caught it. Normally people used to do it for only enjoyment purpose.

+1
    Good for you Brian, best of luck with your new adventure! I have a question, do you need a captains / USCG approval?

Pretty cool! Best of luck to you.

+1
    I hope things are going good on your new adventure. Thanks for all the video's. Please keep the pictures and videos coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information