Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

158 Thermostat question...

Jerry, I see that you've gone to the 158 and was wondering if I don't do any significant mods to the engine, will the 158 be unnoticeable?

Don't have the SC impeller, just the PPG Level 1 and some other external stuff like the venturi and the free flow and eventually the waterbox mod.

+1
    Any idea to what horsepower Hulk's ski might be at roughly? Riva claims an increase of 25hp with their Stage II. Can't wait to see what Hulk's will be at. I'm sure once the belly of that motor is on the table, he'll be going deeper than he expected. I'm thinking a tummy tuck to go with that lipo and might as well throw in some implants - go bigger, like .030 bigger (what is that in cc's?)

+1
    The thermostat is a great item. I've come to the conclusion that it did add about 50 more RPM's. The biggest advantage is there is no heat fade throughout the day. It keeps on pulling like a freight train.

My horsepower currently? About 245.... soon to be 270 once my head and cam get back

+1
    oh yea, no overbore for me yet... maybe once i reach 1000 hours

+1
    Jerry me again link me to this thermostat deal

I dunno about this whole thermostat deal man .. I mean I have a lil bit of knowledge a bout cars and esc supercharged motors if u get a thermosta say on a blown mustang 5.0 the stock one ford used in 1993 was that of 192 deg we all know what a stat does it opens and allows flow at @ 192 so here i am and i go adding a 180 or even a 160 well now this thermostat opens at 180 or 160 however this is not gonna do anything for actual over all temp of the cooling fluid in the motor wheather it be a car or an RXP it will just open sooner so u would really only see a gain in lower temps if u were riding in cooler conditions ... proof .. take a vehicle with a 158 and take a vehicle with a stock stat in 95 degree wheater start them at the same time and cruise around the one with the lower stat will stay cooler for only a small amount of time after the stat opens it doesnt matter any more and if they claim it flows better drill a few 1/8 inch holes in your stat like we did in our motors.. I know persoanlly i have lazer tested with very expensive lazer temp guns from snap on and my motors ran no cooler just by lowering a thermostat now things that do help lowering cooling temps are things like water pumps and 3 core alumin radiators and water dissapters such as royal purple and watter wetter its only going to run cooler for a small fraction of time ....

+1
    i know about it, i have it, it works, why does it work? i dunno, but it does.
    more RPM's and no heat fade. it works!

jerry im not arguing with you in anyway but can u explain to me how a thermostat could provide engine RPMs ?????????? its not mechanically possible .. by the way thank you for the TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe them tools cost 50 bucks

+1
    Glad you got the tools Chris.

You gain RPM's because the engine is running 30 degrees cooler.
    Same thing happens when its 60 degrees out VS 85 degrees. Your engine will make more RPM's when cooler.

Maybe Mark Underwood can add more to this.

+1
    Yes a cooler engine will turn more rpms mine does and fade thru the summer due to heat

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information