+1

96 XP Rebuild Advice Please!

My buddy has a 96 XP with Buckshot Racing head and 43cc domes with Novi carbs (42s I think). He bought it with the motor weak and has ran it for 2 years on 93 octance with no issues. We started having a problem last weekend with it not wanting to run so we pulled it apart and the back piston and Rave valve are shot. There is some damage to the cylinder walls and ports as well.

We want to send out the jug and get it cleaned up or resleeved or whatever and the Rave valve replaced. We also want to run the new motor on 93 only. Will these domes be OK? Can we buy new domes? Where should we send this out to and what can we expect to pay? We are both very mechanically inclined so doing the install when the jug comes back is no issue at all. What pistons should we go with?

Basically we want a top end rebuild to run on 93 octane with fast turn around. We don't get much time to ride up here. I can send out the jug tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Adam

I think you can get jugs and heads thru SBT. you mail them yours and they send ones that are already done.

I suggest Fullbore. There are a lot of mixed reviews on SBT all over the web. Fullbore did the work on my 96 XP top end. The price was reasonable and turn around was quick at least in March it was.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoh View Post
    I suggest Fullbore. There are a lot of mixed reviews on SBT all over the web. Fullbore did the work on my 96 XP top end. The price was reasonable and turn around was quick at least in March it was.
    I actually shipped it out to them on Tuesday! We will see how it goes, they sounded like they know what they're doing over the phone. Should be about $550 with Wiseco pistons and new Rave valves.

Thread Information