New RXT X 260 oil questions

Hey guys new to the forum. anyways just picked up a 13 RXT X 260 on friday. absolutely in love with this thing, only put 2 hrs on the machine since we've been having bad thunder storms here in ontario. anyways before i even head out on the water i check eveything over in the hull including the oil level. well today after i finished riding i checked the oil about an hour after riding and i noticed that the oil has some grey color to it. i know the machine is still breaking in but should i be worried?

+1
    Welcome to the Forum.
    As your ski is new , id run this by your dealer.
    There were issues with leaking intercoolers on 2012 model ski`s. Not sure if seadoo have changed this product for a different design, hopefully some other members will chime in if they know different.
    Grey coloured oil is not normal, usually the way it goes before it goes milky. (Water contaminated)
    I would definately ask your dealer to check this out for you, for peace of mind, if anything else.
    If it is a water contamination issue, then this will be taken care of by your dealer under warranty.

+1
    Grey color in the oil is not normal.
    I'd be asking the stealership what kind of oil they filled it with?
    They might have a different oil in Canada but I'm not sure.

If your inner cooler is going bad its going to be like chocolate milk not grey.
    Usually when a inner cooler craps out you notice a performance drop then water in the oil.
    I don't think this has happened.
    I bet its the oil the stealership has used.

Either way have a talk to the dealership.

while running it today it didnt kind of feel sluggish from time to time. i just figured it wasthe computer due to the break in time. when i fist check the oil it looked normal before i put it in the water now 2 hrs of mod driving it starting to look greyish. these is a little bit of water in the hull after each time i take it for a rip

+1
    so was it the intercooler?

+1
    On my new skis the oil always seemed to get dirty quick during break in I would take some pictures of what it looks like and change it but I would prob wait for the five/six hour mark to do so. There has been lots of probs with the stock intercooler leaking havent heard anything bout the 13s do some research and if they are I would change that out right away to a fizzle or gen 3

+1
    My dealer has mentioned a few times the new skis are having intercooler issues.

+1
    called two dealers locally and they cant get replacement intercoolers in fast enough. The one shop I just called was working on one at the time and told me I'm the 3rd guy to call TODAY with the same problem! I hope they come in fast. Sucks not having my ski on July 4th weekend. Especially when im off!

Thread Information