Pump shoe bolt spinning: what to do next??

Hey guys, I'm installing a R&D intake grate and pump shoe seal kit. When trying to remove the grate 2 bolts snapped, the ones on the shoe, I can deal with those. The last bolt holding the shoe to the hull IS SPINNING!! I can not take it out. How do I get rid of the glue holding the insert or part spinning?? How do I remove this now?? Any advise will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHEPE69 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm installing a R&D intake grate and pump shoe seal kit. When trying to remove the grate 2 bolts snapped, the ones on the shoe, I can deal with those. The last bolt holding the shoe to the hull IS SPINNING!! I can not take it out. How do I get rid of the glue holding the insert or part spinning?? How do I remove this now?? Any advise will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
    I just had to do this yesterday. Grab the barrel nut with vise grips then remove bolt. Then with a thin flathead screwdriver or scraper/chisel of some sort gently tap the screwdriver or chisel even with the hull to get under the factory sealant. Then gently pry it up , it takes a little thought. Depending which one ur working on water box and or battery might need to be removed for room to swing a hammer... Go easy and good luck ...

+1
    The easiest way to remove the glue is to use a heat gun before trying to chisel or pry off. Also, If you can't easily get the broken bolts out of the shoe you might want to purchase a clean used one.

+1
    I have the pump shoe available lmk

So, I tackled the spinning shoe bolt yesterday. I chipped away the glue with a chisel after I heated it, when enough lenght of the tip from the spinning brass insert was exposed I used my faithful Made in USA visegrip (Chinesse crap always fails when it comes to reliable tools!!) and out came the bolt and the shoe! Then I moved on to the snapped #10 SS bolts in the shoe, heated them for about 5 mins each, from top and around shoe, used my visegrip again and this time I used an adjustable wrench to turn the visegrip without spinning it on the bolt, worked like magic!!! see pictures for details, hope it helps other members.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	304793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FXshoe2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	304795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FXshoe3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	304794
    Last edited by MICHEPE69; 06-25-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Thread Information