Thread: 2003 F-12 issue

2003 F-12 issue

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and skis in general. I recently bought a 2003 f-12 knowing that it needed a bit of work, but after hours of searching and trouble shooting, I just can't figure out the problem.

On the water it runs fine for maybe the first minute. Then it will bog and start cutting out while throwing an oil warning light. It appears to go into limp mode (Throttle can be held wide open and it will cut out between 3-4k rpms). I can shut it off and restart it and it will run fine as long as I stay under half throttle. Occasionally it will be hard to start or will shut itself off right away without a warning light.

It has 125 hours. Compression is around 220 psi for all cylinders. Oil is changed and level is good. I put new NGK Iridium plugs in it. Drained the gas completely and put fresh 93 in.

I disconnected the low oil pressure sensor and the problem persisted while bringing up the warning light with oil indicator. I jumped the high pressure sensor and the problem continued as normal but did not throw a warning.

My next thought is to check spark, fuel pressure, and oil pressure.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    ECU could be going bad.....The heat inside the Hull gets to them

I forgot to mention that the previous owner did replace the ECU. The dealer had told him that that was causing the issue, but he said that it made no difference. He did buy a used one to replace it with so there is the chance that it's bad as well. I will try to check both of them.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Downshift View Post
    I forgot to mention that the previous owner did replace the ECU. The dealer had told him that that was causing the issue, but he said that it made no difference. He did buy a used one to replace it with so there is the chance that it's bad as well. I will try to check both of them.
    Check the wiring harness for rubbing or chaffing.......could just be a bad sensor.......I ran almost 200 hrs and never had one go bad

Ok thanks. I will check and report back.

Thread Information