Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VXS Oil Change Kit

I am approaching the 10 hr point on my vxs and I am looking at doing the first service. Is the link below the proper oil change kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...p=mtr#ht_0wt_0

Thanks,

Don

The OEM Oil Filters are a little pricey for these things. So to get the Oil Filter and the Yamaha Oil for $45.00 is pretty good. In looking at what was included, not sure why they are including "O Rings and Drain Seals" in this kit as that has nothing to do with an oil change. JB.

It looks like more of a generic description in the listing. For anyone that has purchased the yamaha oil change kit I am looking for the part number I will need. It looks like the listing is for YAMAHA PART# LUB-WTRCG-KT-10. Thanks for your assistance.

+1
    That kit will be fine for the VXS......all the 1.8's use the same filter.

thanks again

+1
    You might have some shipping problems. The epa regulates it, that's why when I ordered online they had to do it from the phone and send me an email and stay away from their website.

Should be no EPA problems using a website-- Amsoil and many others sell motor oil via their websites and ship it UPs or Fed Ex every day....you can even click on the Amsoil link at the top right of this page and order it online.....(it's how i get mine)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    Should be no EPA problems using a website-- Amsoil and many others sell motor oil via their websites and ship it UPs or Fed Ex every day....you can even click on the Amsoil link at the top right of this page and order it online.....(it's how i get mine)
    I think so too, but a couple dealers would not sell on their site

+1
    Oil is considered a Haz-Mat therefore regulated by the EPA. All shippers must be certified to ship. I guess that's too costly for some companies. I know that I have to take continuos Haz-Mat training and get an annual recertification at UPS's expense (driver). I can imagine that would be costly. But that is the kit I used when I did my 10 hr service as well. I don't remember what it cost though. I got it thrown in as part of the purchase deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dupsmn View Post
    Oil is considered a Haz-Mat therefore regulated by the EPA. All shippers must be certified to ship. I guess that's too costly for some companies. I know that I have to take continuos Haz-Mat training and get an annual recertification at UPS's expense (driver). I can imagine that would be costly. But that is the kit I used when I did my 10 hr service as well. I don't remember what it cost though. I got it thrown in as part of the purchase deal.

Wonder if those dealers who refuse to take orders for oil thru their websites and make you call dont have the training and don't want a record of them shipping oil to be documented online. They may want a handwritten phone order they can discard.

Not sure i want to buy from one of those dealers--I'm sure if one of their packages of oil broke open en route, it would be a mess......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information