+1

Skiing in or around Jamestown, VA

The wife and kiddos are wanting to head up to Jamestown, VA (for home-school/historical reasons), so I thought it would be good to drag the skis along if there is any good place to ride near.

Anyone from the area?

I live closer than Georgia, but not local enough to recommend a ramp close to Jamestown or anything. If you're just looking for whether there are places to ride, I'd give you a definite yes...if nothing else plenty of sites to see via water not far away (the ghost fleet for example) and in general plenty of waterways to explore. I'm in Suffolk which is south of Williamsburg by just enough that as I said, I'm not overly familiar, but close enough that I have friends/co-workers up that way that I could certainly ask specific questions if you came up with any.

Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    The wife and kiddos are wanting to head up to Jamestown, VA (for home-school/historical reasons), so I thought it would be good to drag the skis along if there is any good place to ride near.

Anyone from the area?

+1
    about once or twice a year we will go down and ill bring my skis and ride around with the aunts and uncles.

We put in on the "gloucester side" by william and mary's mariane biology lab (under the bridge) super nice ramp. we ride across and hang out at yorktown beach. Super nice area and a good ride! plus there is a nice little town that you guys can check out after a day of riding.

I basically grew up in williamsburg since my mom is from there and her side of the family is still around there. Love the area, definitely make the trip!

Thread Information