2006 F12x Issue Today

Took my 2006 F12x out for the first time this season today, had it on a hose for five minutes a week ago without any issues. It ran like total ass. Very rough, no get up at all, and was coughing and shaking and just very weird. It didn't throw any codes, the machine has about 65 hours on it and I have it serviced every fall. For a couple of intermittent accelerations it seemed ok but got worse. What could it be? It didn't throw any codes and I've had a knock sensor replaced two years ago. I was thinking the waste gate linkage was messed up but I called my mechanic and he told me to check and replace the plugs. Putting it back on the trailer I smelt a little unburned gasoline as my fiance was putting it on. Could it be a fouled plug and how hard are they to get to? What else could it be?

Thanks,
    Ed

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    yes get a set of plugs......fogging oil prolly fouled them......remove wire, 10mm bolt pull coil up and plug is there......use anti seize on plug threads and dielectric on coil tip. Run a can of seafoam with some fresh fuel

Ordered the stock plugs off of Amazon for $10.14 each. Honda and Napa wanted $14 and change. Hope it works!

RickWhite,

Thanks for the info. Put the plugs in and a can of seafoam and it seemed to run just fine. The old plugs didn't look too bad though. They didn't look like they were getting too much of either fuel or air. I love my Honda but every two years it gives me some stupid little problem that busts my balls.

Thanks again,
    Ed

Thread Information