Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

break in on my pro 785 and only like half burning on the center cyl

ok well i have my pro finally running allllllllll new basically well all new in the engine

im getting lots of fuel mixed 18 oz of full synthetic oil to 5 gals of gas i have what feels to be very little warmth from the center cyl im running on the hose
    im not pushing a crap load of water in it wanted to let it get a little temp into it

ok so from my mechanical skills on cars it tells me its not firing right or getting good timing is it possible for jay at polaris pros to have the timing wrong on that cyl just a question...
    i have spark about the same on all three cyls
    I CAN PULL THE CENTER PLUG WIRE AND IT WILL DROP THE IDLE DOWN AND BE ROUGH.......
    I CAN PULL THE PTO CYL SPARK PLUG WIRE AND IT SEEMS TO JUST ABOUT DIE
    AND SAME THING ON MAG CYL

SO OK ABOUT TO CHECK COMPRESSION HOPE I HAVE A GOOD TESTER HERE AT THE HOUSE I CANT WAIT TILL AFTER WORK TOM
    GRRRRRRRR OK IM MAD LOL
    Last edited by wayneb2510; 06-24-2013 at 11:48 PM.

So have perfect spark compression is 90 ish all the way across all three cyls kinda thought it should be way higher but its only ran 10 mins outside on the hose

Is it possible jay at Polaris pros didn't get my crank in time? or however u would say that
    Is it possible my magneto or cdi or anything is telling it to fire at the wrong time

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    90 is really low

now @ 120 i dont know why its low, has ada head pump gas domes...

i dont think thats the no fire issue because the other two are burning really good, it has 120 across al three.. it has zero marks of the plug actually burning i dont know if its possible to be fuel soaked and not firing because i have switched the plugs and it fires right up... its kinda crazy it fires within one second just like she always used to but has no center cyl heat or anything at all...

so i thought maybe that one cyl was getting to much water so i clmped that cyl off ZERO HEAT IN THAT CYL I DONT GET THIS

THE CARB IS DUMPING GAS JUST LIKE THE OTHER TWO CYLS

Pulled head off mag and cen have very very light but u can feel them Marks from the rngs nothing bad enough to hurt stuff..... But way to bad to have only ran a few mins

+1
    are your cylinders sleeved ??? if so Jay has done a few of them and had no problems with them and as far as running it out of the water not very good also I never like pulling the plug wires and checking how each cylinder runs ,just put it in the water and run it on the trailer and i bet it will run fine

i dunno, i would agree that center cylinder doesnt look like its firing. have you checked the carbs, pulse lines, etc?

No not sleeved everything by the books via jay at Sharps ok I understand running it in the water but I havee that little bit of markings on cyl walls I posted a min long video on the first post I did it seems like the rings are scouring the walls but who knowns... I just don't want to mess up my jugs and pistons before I get it going

ive never had a pro785 before the one i have now, never seen the cylinders after operating, but i would say that doesnt look normal to me. it seems excessive after 10 minutes of idle..

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    first thing i noticed was the up/down marking on the cyl wall.does you finger nail hang on those?where hey already there from before?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information