Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Replacing super charger pulley

Hey guys gotta question. I know it's a while away but I gotta save up for it I need to know how much I'll need. This winter I'd like to replace the supercharger pulley wheel on my 250x. While I'm into it should I replace anything else. The whole assembly cost a couple hundred bucks. The problem I have and asked about earlier is the pulley got rusty and chews at my belt. I have put a layer of paint also a rust inhibitor on it. It has helped. Yes I use to keep the damn cover on. Not no more. This is the only rusty part in the engine bay. The oil in super charger is clear and seems to be running great. I have 215 hours on her currently.

Banned User
    +1
    If you buy oem it's sold as a kit with the dampener and cost well over 500$. I'd also check and of replace tensioner bearing

+1
    Change the coupler as well. I put a R&D OEN size supercharger wheel / Tensioner and a ADA coupler. Has made a big difference. And I find that my 260x goes harder.

I put OEM size Rogue racing pulleys on mine (main and idler), and 3 years later they are like new.

+1
    Thanks guys. I just did the idolor pulley. Had play in beginning of season. I'm gonna keep the cover off with the new pulleys as well right away. Ill buy the whole kit. The job looks straight forward and easy. U guys have issues changing this main pulley out at all

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Kawasaki View Post
    Change the coupler as well. I put a R&D OEN size supercharger wheel / Tensioner and a ADA coupler. Has made a big difference. And I find that my 260x goes harder.
    Cant see how this makes it go harder!!! Or the big difference oem sized pulley no matter what brand isnt going to make the ski go any better

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Kawasaki View Post
    Cant see how this makes it go harder!!! Or the big difference oem sized pulley no matter what brand isnt going to make the ski go any better
    After 150 hours I ended up changing the set up. They are lighter parts. And I believe they flow much better.
    Currently have clocked up 230 hours. And find more power output after 80 hours use.

+1
    Nah sorry how do you think it flows better lol the pulley is a pulley thats all it is. If its the same od of the oem it aint going to produce anymore air or power. It may look nice and smooth but thats about it.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Any issues changing them out? Main pulleys not coming off easy? Bolts snapping? Looks like in a perfect world it's maybe a 1 hour job

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Any issues changing them out? Main pulleys not coming off easy? Bolts snapping? Looks like in a perfect world it's maybe a 1 hour job
    I took my super charger off to inspect it and did it that way. Put WD 40 on the bolts and had no problem taking it off.
    As far as the coupler goes, I made the mistake of trying to take it off while the engine was still in. I ended up taking the engine out. I couldn't get it off. Even heating it up. Cut it off in the end.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information