Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To Solas or not to Solas

I'm looking to get my 2009 RXT up to speed. Mods include an X Charger, 42 Bosch Injectors, and an intake grate. She is sitting pretty at 154 hours. I'm about to order an intake and prop. The question is what do the gods of GreenHulk recommend I use. I was leaning towards the 4 inch fizzle and a 14/19R Solas. It seems the more prop research I do the muddy the waters get. Will I have the balls to turn a 15/20? Are there other prop options I should be considering? Looking for top end without losing to much hole shot.

Thanks in advance!

+1
    With the x and 42's, what rpm are you turning wot?
    Stock venturi?

No clue the stock prop and wear ring were pretty smoked and causing a lot of cavitation so I pulled them. Yes stock venturi everything is stock except the above mentioned mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh.Fear View Post
    I'm looking to get my 2009 RXT up to speed. Mods include an X Charger, 42 Bosch Injectors, and an intake grate. She is sitting pretty at 154 hours. I'm about to order an intake and prop. The question is what do the gods of GreenHulk recommend I use. I was leaning towards the 4 inch fizzle and a 14/19R Solas. It seems the more prop research I do the muddy the waters get. Will I have the balls to turn a 15/20? Are there other prop options I should be considering? Looking for top end without losing to much hole shot.

Thanks in advance!
    Without an EXIC you won't have the ponies to turn a 15/20 very well.

5. +1 by:

+1
    About what elevation do you usually ride?
    An 87mm venturi would help you spin that 15/20 and give you better holeshot over the stock 83. (I think it's an 83 stock...)
    An external ic would help tremendously though. Soooo, "How fast do you want to spend?" as my dad would say. lol

Haha I'm avoiding the EXIC because RRFPR's are scary and I don't want to install a air/fuel gauge and I let a lot of idiots ride my skis so I'm trying to keep it simple and clean. If you think I can get away with an 87mm Venturi and a 15/20 I'll go that route. Elevation runs around 900 feet above sea level.

Just looked up Venturis 500 big ones is a lot just to be a big boy and spin a 15/20 how much speed would that add? Also I do ride at sea level on the occasional spring break trip.

I was just fixing to write a post on the same problem, so I will chime in on this one. I have an 05 RXT, x-charger, 42lb injectors, and 4 inch intake. I'm in need of a new impeller bad. I am getting a lot of cavitation on launch. I'm still hitting 8150 at wot. I've found no post that really helps me on which prop to run. I'm in Tennessee near the mountains and ride in water ranging from 65-85 degrees. Air temps average in the 90's with humidity 85% and up. I'm looking for a decent prop, intake grate and possible pump wedge. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by jh6398 View Post
    I was just fixing to write a post on the same problem, so I will chime in on this one. I have an 05 RXT, x-charger, 42lb injectors, and 4 inch intake. I'm in need of a new impeller bad. I am getting a lot of cavitation on launch. I'm still hitting 8150 at wot. I've found no post that really helps me on which prop to run. I'm in Tennessee near the mountains and ride in water ranging from 65-85 degrees. Air temps average in the 90's with humidity 85% and up. I'm looking for a decent prop, intake grate and possible pump wedge. Any recommendations?
    14/19R

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jh6398 View Post
    14/19R
    +1. I had a 15/20R with those mods but had to have it repitched as I was only getting 7740 rpm's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information