Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hull speed

Hull speed

Hey guys, how much speed can be found on the bottom of the hull with a 1300 motor???? I know with the right parts such as: plate with mods, washers, tabs (with or without) and the grate (800 vs 1200), you can generate alot of speed. With all this combine with the right touch, how much speed can someone create??? What is the most speed you guys have created from your hulls???

I am going to give a guess with the right plate, loose setup, hull truing, and some other "stuff" I don't think 10mph or more is out of the question.

After I got my 2004 I did the 1200 Intake Grate. That caused me to loose a little speed (64 mph) but made things much safer. Then I put on a stock r&d plate, prop, pump, efi, intake and was running 67mph to 68mph. You can be the judge on how much the stock plate gave me. Now I have a FF plate from jim and expect to be running 70+ mph easy first time out with nothing else done. Then with loosing the tabs, and doing some other trick stuff I believe 75mph could be seen. Truing the hull.... even higher.

So I am saying 10+ mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I am going to give a guess with the right plate, loose setup, hull truing, and some other "stuff" I don't think 10mph or more is out of the question.

After I got my 2004 I did the 1200 Intake Grate. That caused me to loose a little speed (64 mph) but made things much safer. Then I put on a stock r&d plate, prop, pump, efi, intake and was running 67mph to 68mph. You can be the judge on how much the stock plate gave me. Now I have a FF plate from jim and expect to be running 70+ mph easy first time out with nothing else done. Then with loosing the tabs, and doing some other trick stuff I believe 75mph could be seen. Truing the hull.... even higher.

So I am saying 10+ mph
    Didn't the Fountain Boys find a bit more than that?

The Fountian Boys have some of the best resources around,a little trickle down from thier successfull world class offshore racing career.I'd say thier in a class by themselves.I think Daves GPR was refferring to more of the typical weekend warrior.

Oh and BTW Happy birthday Chris!

My ski went 70.2mph without touching the engine.
    It had a riva plate with just a little more angle than stock, pump seal, 14/20 dynafly, 800 grate, stepped sponsons. Stock tabs, no shims. Knowing what I do now, I think I could have got at least 72mph.

I believe the fountain guys have a 1300 without engine mods that runs around 74mph.

African-American
    +1
    im at 115Km/h (71mp/h) on semi flat water (+/- sweels are 2-4inch high), sitting, without any of that superman ****.

All i did was take a belt sander to the bottom of the hull, removed all the sharp V's at the bottom of the hull and got the hull nice and trued.

My only mods besides that are stepped stock sponsons and rule bildge pump.

I will gps it, but its +/- 2 km accurate, i ran it agaist a powerboat, with a very accurate speedo.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    im at 115Km/h (71mp/h) on semi flat water (+/- sweels are 2-4inch high), sitting, without any of that superman ****.

All i did was take a belt sander to the bottom of the hull, removed all the sharp V's at the bottom of the hull and got the hull nice and trued.

My only mods besides that are stepped stock sponsons and rule bildge pump.

I will gps it, but its +/- 2 km accurate, i ran it agaist a powerboat, with a very accurate speedo.
    are you saying you have ground/sanded all the v shapes completely off the bottom of your hull 100%...

+1
    When I got my 04, in stock form it was running mid 64's. Put a Stage 2 kit and got to 69.8, put the 05 pump and TJ's porting got to 72.9. GOT with Jim and his FF plate, now at 76.8 with a 1200 grate and free flow. The conditons were about the same each time out, full fuel, temp in the high 70's, NON superman. I would say that with the 800 grate, in the superman postion, no free flow AND Jims help, 10 MPH is there. Just wish I had known Jim when I had my factory pipe 00 GPR!

Hey guys, how much speed can be found on the bottom of the hull with a 1300 motor???? ALOT!

African-American
    +1
    virtually.

Instead of the sharp \/'s they are \__/ to \____/ the midle __ is between 1cm and 3 cm wide.

Im not sure how else to explain it, if i look at the hull from the front it still has the raises, except there are no sharp V's, thay have wide flat sections(lowers drag).
    Last edited by spaceman; 03-04-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information