Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

I'm thinking doing some work on my ski once again. Need input.

I was going balls to the wall on my ski and then my son was born so I have barely been out on the skin the last two summers. My project was incomplete. There were a few issues that I still needed to tend to.

1. Pump - I have the season pump conversion but it didn't get rid of cavitation and I lost a good bit of speed. I'm thinking of trying a 160 pump. Will this cure cavitation and will I not lose any speed? Also what other parts will I need for the pump and what prop?
    2. Intercooler - I have the jd intercooler. Desperado told me it wasn't cooling good enough and I was losing timing because of it. I think my intercooler was a prototype. I had a dedicated line going to the intercooler. What is the best intercooler for my set up?
    3. Ride plate - I have a Jims modded vx plate. I had a lot of bounce over 80 mph. I didn't have enough tinkering time with this since my build ended abruptly. I'll give it another go once I get everything up and running. What is the best option after this? I'm looking for speed and handling and get rid of the bounce?

I think my signature has the rest of what I have on the ski but it may be incomplete. It's been a while since I have been on here. I miss this place! My goal is upper 80's and no cavitation. I love the pull of this ski but miss the holeshot of my old ultra. Any feedback would be appreciated.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I'd do a Riva intercooler or a type 14 if your the fabbing type, Try shimming the Vx plate better, fast is 155mm......160 will have more thrust and less cavitation, put will take some of your power.......Others will chime in with there comments

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Try a farthing plate

+1
    If I go with the 160 pump, do I need a different transom plate?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    If I go with the 160 pump, do I need a different transom plate?
    Not necessarily. You can run the stocker or yank it and have R&D bore it out.

+1
    Might have found the intercooler problem. I think there is a leak somewhere. There is some buildup/corrosion all over the bov and the is something rubbing the intercooler at all times. I'll have to pull it to see what's going on. The buildup is in an isolated area so I'm guessing it's a leak. Not what I wanted to find but it does explain why my intercooler isn't working right.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130629_171542.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	305290

I cleaned it up good before the picture but you can probably see where it's rubbing.

+1
    I was going balls to the wall on my ski and then my son was born so I have barely been out on the skin the last two summers. My project was incomplete. There were a few issues that I still needed to tend to.

1. Pump - I have the season pump conversion but it didn't get rid of cavitation and I lost a good bit of speed. I'm thinking of trying a 160 pump. Will this cure cavitation and will I not lose any speed? Also what other parts will I need for the pump and what prop?
    2. Intercooler - I have the jd intercooler. Desperado told me it wasn't cooling good enough and I was losing timing because of it. I think my intercooler was a prototype. I had a dedicated line going to the intercooler. What is the best intercooler for my set up?
    3. Ride plate - I have a Jims modded vx plate. I had a lot of bounce over 80 mph. I didn't have enough tinkering time with this since my build ended abruptly. I'll give it another go once I get everything up and running. What is the best option after this? I'm looking for speed and handling and get rid of the bounce?

I think my signature has the rest of what I have on the ski but it may be incomplete. It's been a while since I have been on here. I miss this place! My goal is upper 80's and no cavitation. I love the pull of this ski but miss the holeshot of my old ultra. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1 - You can go 160 liner and impeller. It will cure about 3/4 of the cavitation. I used to blip about 5- 7 times. Then went 160 liner and impeller and now it blips 2 times.
    2 - I have the Type 14 and does well, but not sure what wheel you are running.
    3 - Shim the plate down in the rear more. Mine never bounced with Jim's VX plate at top speed, it actually rode better! As far as another plate goes, wait for Jim and Nate's new plate! It is awesome!! http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=rideplate

+1
    My wheel is in my signature. ......e1. I need to figure out what is up with my intercooler and blow off valve first and then I will move to the pump.

+1
    My wheel is in my signature. ......e1. I need to figure out what is up with my intercooler and blow off valve first and then I will move to the pump.
    Oh, I missed it. Considering the E1 -
    I wouldnt bore the transom plate. I dont feel the E1 has enough power to compensate for it. With just the 160 liner and impeller it will be more than enough to eliminate cavitation and improve holeshot.
    With the E1, the JD intercooler should be sufficient cooling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information