+1

Depth gauge issues?

I just rode my 2013 Gtx Ltd for the first time today. When I compare the operation of the depth gauge against my last ski, 2006 Gtx Ltd., the depth gauge seems to work differently. I do not get readings in areas I used to and in some areas the depths are way off, by like 100 ft. The new gauge only reads below around 35 mph where as the old ski's gauge worked accurately at full speed. Anyone have any ideas what might be the issue or is this the new "normal". For what it is worth it took nearly 30 minutes to get any reading at all.

+1
    I was thinking the same thing when I bought my '12 GTX and had the depth finder installed... night and day difference between that and my old '03.

I think its the "new normal".

+1
    Mine reads the same way. Good readings up to between 30 and 35 mph. After that its useless. I was wondering if adding a extra gel pad would make a tighter seal between the hull and the transducer and give a better reading. Also, is it possible that the shape of the S3 hull with the stepped design has anything to do with creating air pockets under the hull causing a bad reading when you get over 35mph.

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    +1
    ECM shuts it off above 30. At least that's what I've been told.

+1
    Seadoo just came out with a service bulletin about issue with depth finders. May want to call you dealer and ask about it. I will look tomorrow and see what it's about. I'm pretty sure they are replacing depth finders if they fail a test per bulletin.

+1
    here warranty bulletin from seadoo. I was wrong looks like its if it doesn't work at all.

WARRANTYDEPTHSOUNDER2REGISTERED.pdf

+1
    Thanks for posting the Bulletin is there a place when we can see all the current service bulletins on the web?
    Interest in on the above instructions is says to use silicon my sounder has gell pads maybe different mounting design.
    The cell pads is a flawed idea as pads are flat but sender is concave so naturally wants to trap air when mounting.
    Cell pad should be rounded/ convex

+1
    Not that I know of. I'm a Seadoo tech, so have access to boss web. There maybe a place, I just don't know about it? I believe they did away with gel pad for 2013. I will check for u.

+1
    Does anyone know where you can buy extra gel pads. Adding another pad between the hull and the transducer might eliminate air due to the tight fit of a extra pad, or would I be better off changing of the pad and using silicone ? I added the depth finder to my 2013 RXT 260 but it is useless over 30mph. Thanks for your help.

+1
    The part number for the gel pad is 293550042 Google search can find where to buy from looks to be about $14.
    Haven't had the chance to test mine yet as just finished installing it yesterday and flat out at work.

Thread Information