bad sc clutch washers

my buddy has a 05 gtx limited with the supercharger. well his clutches went out and he limped it onto the trailer. we pulled his supercharger and the ceramic clutches are gone, totally missing. all the needle bearings are there but no clutches. the dealership told him to buy a new supercharger and it will be fine and they dont worry about getting the ceramic out of the engine . is this the normal procedure or are they just retarded? i was thinking they had to flush the engines oil system and possibly replace the pump and then we could rebuild the supercharger or possibly buy a new one since his had impeller touchdown?

this is in the wrong section! my bad, can a mod move it to the right spot? thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05rxpfun View Post
    my buddy has a 05 gtx limited with the supercharger. well his clutches went out and he limped it onto the trailer. we pulled his supercharger and the ceramic clutches are gone, totally missing. all the needle bearings are there but no clutches. the dealership told him to buy a new supercharger and it will be fine and they dont worry about getting the ceramic out of the engine . is this the normal procedure or are they just retarded? i was thinking they had to flush the engines oil system and possibly replace the pump and then we could rebuild the supercharger or possibly buy a new one since his had impeller touchdown?

Terrible advice from the dealer. I see this way too often unfortunately!

If the impeller touched down the supercharger probably also had a bearing failure? If this is the case the supercharger needs to be replaced.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1231

If the engine didn't run long with the failure the rear oil pump is likely fine, but it will need to be inspected. Also inspect the timing chain for any damage and replace if needed.

The front oil pump will need to be replaced. Parts for the front scavenger pump are here
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....SEPARATOR-ASSY.

If he does need rear oil pump parts you can find them here
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ND-WATER-PUMPS

Thread Information