Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry Glass over control cluster cracking?

Hi guys,

So last october my family purchased a brand new 2012 Sea Doo RXT-iS 260 from the dealer. Over the past month the "glass" cover that goes over the control cluster (speed, RPM, Computer) has been steadily cracking. It has now gotten to the point that I am positive it will break soon. After telling my dealer this he says that it happens all the time and that Sea Doo says its caused by sunlight . He also says that it is not covered under the warranty, even though if the glass breaks water will defiantly do bad things to the computer.
    Now this jetski is not even a year old, it is always stored with a cover, and is well kept. Does anybody else have this problem?
    Last edited by TRMacchi; 02-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.

+1
    Oh man...I would be pissed. Have your friend start a campaign against the bad customer practices of the dealer. Attack their facebook page if they have one, give a bad review on Yelp and picket out front for a day and see how fast it gets fixed. If your friend can't find a legal spot to picket then attach signs to each side of his car and drive back and forth in front of the dealer all day. "This happens all the time"...so he's basically saying selling faulty $10,000+ merchandise is what he does all the time. Awesome. I get so friggin pissed when dealers just try to dismiss you and blow you off after spending a shitload of money.
    Last edited by Q in Arizona; 06-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.

+1
    We have had this issue with a couple ski here in texas from sun, and seadoo has warranted them for use. IMO dealer is not going extra mile for you. call seadoo customer service and talk to them. aka squeeking wheel gets greased. maybe talk to different dealer?

4. +1 by:

+1
    Mine cracked as well. Guess what - the sun thing is bullsh*t. Mine cracked with not even 10 hours on the ski and the ski stayed/still stays covered 24/7.

Good thing is my dealer didn't give me any crap about it and it was replaced for free under warranty.

+1
    Call a different stealership. Call seadoo customer care..
    Don't stop till they replace it.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease..

It is bs that you spend so much $$$$$ and when u have an issue its your problem.
    Customer service is a thing of the past...

Quote Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
    Mine cracked as well. Guess what - the sun thing is bullsh*t. Mine cracked with not even 10 hours on the ski and the ski stayed/still stays covered 24/7.

Good thing is my dealer didn't give me any crap about it and it was replaced for free under warranty.

How big of a job was it? First my dealer said the part was $30. I was about to say hell with it and just pay the bill (because getting the claim together was going to be a huge pain in the ass). However, then the dealer said that the glass couldn't be replaced on this certain model and instead the entire instrument cluster would need to be replaced and that would coast $700+ and on top of that he didn't think Seadoo would cover that. WTF! Am I going to have to have this thing replaced every 6 months??!!!

+1
    do have to replace entire cluster. not that hard to do. warranty pays .3 or 18 minutes. you just remove plastic cover behind cluster, then remove small piece of tape. just pry back locking tab at top and remove cluster. disconnect connector and reinstall new one in reverse order. then have to hook to buds and match ecm and cluster and then write data. I have not seen any we replaced come back, but they were 09-10 rxt and gti, both which seadoo has updated cluster versions. did you invest in b.e.s.t warranty?

I really can't say if we invested in a B.E.S.T warranty. I'm only 16 and my dad was the one that handled the purchase. The ski is 9 months old.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TRMacchi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceg View Post

How big of a job was it? First my dealer said the part was $30. I was about to say hell with it and just pay the bill (because getting the claim together was going to be a huge pain in the ass). However, then the dealer said that the glass couldn't be replaced on this certain model and instead the entire instrument cluster would need to be replaced and that would coast $700+ and on top of that he didn't think Seadoo would cover that. WTF! Am I going to have to have this thing replaced every 6 months??!!!
    That is true. The entire thing DOES have to be replaced.
    Your dealer sounds like they're just being pricks. My guy talked to Sea Doo and they warranted it with no problems.
    A far as how much work is involved - I don't know. I dropped the ski off at my dealer and a few days later he called saying it was done.

+1
    As long as there are no visable signs of damage from the customer, I can get it warrantied...Problem is that you have to bring the ski to me, and I am in Atlanta and you are in SW Florida....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information