Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nj and around NYC this weekend. Tips or advice??

Going to be heading out to Secaus NJ and launching my two skis. I plan on going down to Liberty State Park and then up towards NY and come back into the Hudson river by the GW and back track. What do you guys think? Any advice on fuel? 2004 gp800 (premixed) and a 97 gp760. One tank ride or should I strap a 5 gallon can on each ski and stop for fuel?
    Any other advice for gear I should have or a must stop place to eat?
    Thanks guys...

+1
    We did a city run out of Yonkers by the GWB earlier this month. You can get 87 at a Marina a mile or so north of the GWB. We did not find any places on the water to eat so I'd pack a lunch. We did the entire loop around Manhattan island on one tank but would have had to refuel if we wanted to keep heading north up the Hudson.

+1
    Oh and make sure you have all your papers and safety stuff. NYPD harbor patrol will stop you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtu160 View Post
    Going to be heading out to Secaus NJ and launching my two skis. I plan on going down to Liberty State Park and then up towards NY and come back into the Hudson river by the GW and back track. What do you guys think? Any advice on fuel? 2004 gp800 (premixed) and a 97 gp760. One tank ride or should I strap a 5 gallon can on each ski and stop for fuel?
    Any other advice for gear I should have or a must stop place to eat?
    Thanks guys...
    You're welcome to any info found here: http://pwctrailfinder.com/NewYorkPWCTrailRides.html Have a great ride.

+1
    I have been working at liberty state park marina, the statue of liberty and surrounding area are scheduled to reopen from sandy on july 4th. Sounds like it will be packed around the 4th. just an FYI!

+1
    Going to be heading out to Secaus NJ and launching my two skis..
    The launch behind the Secaus jct train station(on the Hackensack River) is a hidden gem. May I suggest you head North 'tword the submarine rather than around NYC.
    -you'll find miles of flat water to run WFO.

Both skis seam too small for the Hudson / NY Harbor if the conditions go bad.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Theres a gas station north of the gwb if i recall correctly. Also on some of the beaches you can find vendors with hotdog trucks. Make sure you have flares. For whatever stupid reason ny requires them on pwc.

steach could you enlighten me some more about going north. I have had my mind set on making
    that loop and will give it a go, but if the day goes good I may head north. silver93t and other members thanks for the advice and I'll have to look into the flares.

Yeah I've been eyeing that launch ramp, seems pretty nice and easy to get to off 16X.

silver93t they changed the flare to a flag now. So I got find or make one I guess.

+1
    steach could you enlighten me some more about going north. I have had my mind set on making
    that loop and will give it a go, but if the day goes good I may head north. silver93t and other members thanks for the advice and I'll have to look into the flares.
    There is a cool old submarine parked about ten miles North of the launch and other cool stuff to see.
    (check the sat map Court Street bridge Hackensack)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information