Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hey everyone new to forum with some ?'s on 04 gtxsc

Hey i have a 04 gtx sc bought new in 05 and it runs great (for the most part) My question is I had it for about a month and someone sucked up a rock in the impeller and bent one of the baldes so i decided to just replace it and bought the riva stage 1 kit for it. The ski handles awsome plenty of power, but eveyone now and then the CHECK ENGINE light flashes. As far as i can tell its running fine. Anyone have any ideas? Also whats this business with the wear rings, does the ring on the gtx sc need to be replaced every 5-6 hrs just like the rxp? One more thing should i replace the ceramic ring in the supercharger to avoid any potenial failures? thanks in adavne for anybodys help! o byw off the top of my head the ski has about 50 hrs on it.

brenton

Welcome to the Forum!...

Did the wear ring get trashed when you sucked up a rock?
    Did you replace it then?
    Absolutely YES, remove the ceramics and install Jerry`s metal washers. You can find them in the forum store!

check engine light/Maintainence light - Ski has to be hooked up to BUDS VCK at the dealer to check for faults/codes and diagnostics...

if this happens again, I think you press the set button 5 times and look for code number in display...PR...

no i did not replace the ring when it sucked up the rock, do you think i should make the switch the the ss one?

Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    no i did not replace the ring when it sucked up the rock, do you think i should make the switch the the ss one?
    A s/s wear ring is one of many great additions. Only bad thing is they don't like rocks going through them. Just be extra cautious where you ride if it is rocky.

def heed that advise. although I`m not in a rocky area, I had an engine malfunction due to someone`s repair and shut the ski down, drifted into shallow waters, and when finally re-fired it sucked up rocks and killed the new skat prop, was worse bc I have a SS wear ring, no forgiveness.
    at least with the nylon it will groove out and maybe save the prop or pump itself...PR...

ok sounds like i should make the switch to the ceramic washers as soon as it gets warm enough here in ohio to mess with the ski outside, also how hard is it to swap them out? how often do you need to change the plastic rings in the gtx sc?

+1
    Go to the "How To" section & you will find a wealth of info. Or feel free to PM the members here. Everyone is very helpful.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    ok sounds like i should make the switch to the ceramic washers as soon as it gets warm enough here in ohio to mess with the ski outside, also how hard is it to swap them out?
    Take off your supercharger and send it Jerry, he do it for you for $50 plus washers.

the plastic wear ring will b fine in ur gtx if u have a latter model 04 the early model 04 had plastic pumps like the 03 did & a wear ring would last about 5-8 hrs befor it started 2 slip again if ur gtx is a latter model 04 with the alluminum pump it will b fine with the r's they turn (7600 r's), i would put a new wear ring in with the new prop and wouldn't replace it untill it starts 2 spin off the line or lose top end speed 4 me the plastic wear ring is ok up 2 8100 rpm over that then the stainless steel wear ring, also the early modle 04 gtx s/c were like the 03 gtx s/c they didn't have cermanic washers just metal 2 metal surfaces when they go u dont get the damage like the cermanic do but they will go, u will haft 2 put the 06 update kit in with the metal washers, if u have the 03 style i would go ahead & put the neccessary parts in the s/c now while winter is on instead of waighting 4 it 2 go in the summer, & if u have the cermanic washers in ur s/c replace them NOW with GH metal ones

if i get you the hull number can you tell me which model sc and ring it has?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information